Sr. Financial Analyst at Henkel Corporation
Posted in Accounting 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Agoura Hills, California
Henkel Beauty Care holds leading market positions worldwide and its brand-name product business is continuously expanding. In this fast-moving sector, success depends on constant innovation and high-quality products. Are you ready to work in a challenging, but also glamorous and dynamic environment? If you share a passion for hair and beauty, this is the place to start your career.
Active participant in the Finance and Accounting operations of a wholesale beauty products distribution company. The position of Senior Financial Analyst will be expected to perform controlling, forecasting, and reporting functions.
What we offer
General Accounting Responsibilities:
• Monitors, reviews and verifies accounting records and transactions for accuracy, timeliness and adequacy of supporting documentation.
• Provides monthly financial data with explanations and interpretation as requested by management.
• Complete account reconciliations and production of regularly scheduled summary reports, such as income statement, balance sheet, AR and AP aging and other financial statements for accounting operations.
• Assist in completing month end closing process and submission of required reports by internal deadlines.
Finance and Controlling Responsibilities:
• Assist in completing promotional analysis files and provide commentary back to sales and/or marketing regarding promotional activities.
• Assist in providing and developing historical data and projections as required for budget development and planning. Review monthly results with various department heads.
• Ensures departmental compliance with all applicable policies and procedures.
• Clarifies or researches issues as necessary.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Who we are looking for
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required, MBA or CPA a plus
• Minimum Experience: 5 Years
• Knowledge of wholesale distribution preferred but not required.
• Must possess intermediate to advanced level working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, including development/refinement of pivot tables.
• Working knowledge of MAS 100 or similar mid-range accounting software.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information competently; Develops alternative solutions.
• Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Aligns work with strategic goals.
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Conserves organizational resources.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives.
• Professionalism - Maintains composure in stressful situations; Treats others with respect and consideration; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach to best fit the situation.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens attentively; Responds informatively to questions.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively.
• Occasionally required to sit.
• Occasionally required to walk.
• Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
• Occasionally required to talk or hear.
• Occasionally required to bend, lift or climb
• Occasionally required to lift light weights (less than 25 pounds)
• Finger dexterity required.
• Hand coordination required.
• Specific vision abilities required for this job include: close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust or focus
• Office Environment
• Travel < 10%
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. Refer to the job ID mentioned above and get one step closer to starting your new job at Henkel.
Discover our winning culture: www.henkel-northamerica.com/careers/jobs-and-application