Buyer - Temp at DRS Technologies
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Largo, Florida
DRS Technologies, Inc.
DRS Technologies is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS Naval Electronics is a collection of Lines of Businesses and Centers of Excellence driven to be the U.S Navy's Leading provider of electronics products, subsystems, systems and integrated solutions, and expand into adjacent markets. Naval Electronics site locations span across the continental United States
and include Johnstown, PA, Largo, FL, Chesapeake, VA, Twin Cities, MN, Germantown, MD, Washington, DC, and San Diego, CA
Execute/Generate CPSR-compliant purchase orders, based on approved requisitions, requests for proposals, bids and other similar and necessary documents related to the purchasing of services and materials.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute/Generate CPSR-compliant purchase orders, based on approved requisitions, requests for proposals, bids and other similar and necessary documents related to the purchasing of services and materials
- Perform a variety of general tactical duties as required to support purchasing activities
- Follow through on any supplier changes (Engineering Change Notices)
- Communicate supplier performance
- May assist in negotiations and apply basic knowledge of commercial contract law and guidelines, practices and requirements to assess, plan and negotiate best terms and conditions and to minimize risk
- Maintain sound professional relationships with suppliers. Resolve issues (e.g. pricing, quality, timing, claims, contract disputes, etc.) associated with terms and conditions of service agreements
- Understand demand/spend profile for commodity areas, and provide this information as necessary
- Track and report cost savings or avoidances
- Maintain current accurate records and files of all vendor agreements and related procurement records
- Manage any supplier issues (i.e. cost, quality, delivery, customer service)
- Be the primary contact between DRS personnel and assigned suppliers
- Support, communicate and defend the mission, values and culture of the company
- Attend appropriate customer, business or Program meetings
- Prepares quality engineering reports and recommendations
- Monitor and mentor junior Quality Engineers
- Provides regular reporting of progress and status
- Completion of assigned task on time and meeting technical requirements
- Requires a bachelors degree or equivalent experience and 2+ years of experience in Purchasing
- Requires the ability to understand military specs and read blue prints
- Requires the ability to understand and adhere to all laws pertaining to procurement, contracts, breach by contract, etc.
- Knowledge of price and cost analysis
- Good negotiating skills
DRS Technologies, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #NEL