Staff Accountant (EPAC146-Senior Accountant) - Terrell, TX at Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope Inc
Posted in Accounting 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Terrell, Texas
Job ID: 126987
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a division of Oldcastle, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
Engineered Glazing Systems (EGS) is an operating division of Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope Inc. with approximately $150M of annual revenue. The Terrell, TX location of EGS is seeking Staff Accountant. This position will report to the Accounting Manager.
The project and financial information resides on multiple systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and analyzing the information in both systems along with the transition of the data into a single, combined system (Epicor).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in all aspects of month end closing
- Preparation and analysis of monthly financial statements
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations
- Frango reporting and related schedules to Corporate Office
- Assist Internal and External Auditors with information requests as needed
- Assist in annual budget preparation
- Provide backup for A/P and A/R staff
- Reconcile inter-company balances
- Preparation of ad-hoc reports and analysis on request
- Other duties as required
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of this job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least five (5) years of accounting experience, preferably in a Manufacturing environment
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Microsoft Office proficiency, especially Excel
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Strong Interpersonal skills and positive attitude
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Solid time management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Results oriented with a strong sense of urgency
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.