Masonry & Veneers Sales Manager - Northeast / Upstate NY at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Holbrook, Massachusetts
Job ID: 126457
Anchor is a division of the Oldcastle Architectural Products Group (APG). APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
Job Description Summary
Oldcastle Architectural is seeking a high-performing Sales Manager to help us meet and exceed our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by keeping our company competitive and innovative. You will be responsible for maximizing our sales team potential by developing and implementing strategic sales execution plans. As Sales Manager, you will set a vision, provide a process, and coach your salespeople to utilize the process and achieve the vision.
- Effectively utilize the Oldcastle CRM program to manage leads, account retention, opportunities, sales targets, and overall territory development.
- Meet with sales representatives to provide feedback, support, and training opportunities.
- Develop and implement strategic sales execution plans for each sales representative that will help expand company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence.
- On a bi-weekly basis take part in territory ride alongs with sales representatives to help develop and coach territory expectations.
- Accurately forecast on a weekly and monthly cadence to meet and exceed quotas.
- Own recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives.
- Converse with Customer Service Representatives, Operations Managers, and Plant Managers at respected manufacturing facilities to ensure effective communication of company and customer expectations.
- Develop sales contests and incentives to drive performance.
- Maintain and develop solid, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs.
- Become active within industry organizations and attend yearly tradeshows with team members.
- Attend and participate in company sales meetings, training programs, product development, and strategic territory planning.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and current competition status.
- Become educated or further educated within the construction industry to ensure a competitive edge against the competition.
- Additional duties and/or responsibilities related to the nature of the Sales Manager position may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed.
- BS/MS degree in business administration or a related field.
- 7+ years’ experience in general management, sales management, or previous experience as a successful sales representative or sales manager consistently meeting or exceeding targets.
- Ability to travel regionally 50-75%.
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, Salesforce.com, and Power Point.
- Committed to continuous education through workshops, seminars and conferences.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- General business knowledge and understanding of the industry - products, trends, market drivers and specifications.
- Knowledge of construction process and phases of project delivery form conception completion.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Strong business sense and industry expertise.
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Anchor is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Anchor is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.