Financial Analyst (Maplewood, MN) at 3M
Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Maplewood, Minnesota
3M is seeking a Financial Analyst for the Industrial Adhesives and Tape Division located in Maplewood, MN At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Financial Analyst will be a valued cross functional team member and will be responsible for providing financial counsel to the business on new products, capital spend, operating and strategic plans, quarterly operating reviews, gross margin optimization and other required division financial support for Specialty Solutions Business Unit within the biggest division
The Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division (IATD) Financial Analyst position is a great opportunity for your financial career development as you will be the valued financial leader for the growth of our Specialty Solutions Business Unit. You will be exposed to all levels of business management within the Specialty Solutions Business Unit that embraces, values, and develops the business knowledge of the Finance team. Get ready to continue to drive business success as a member of the IATD Finance Team.
For additional information on IATD, please visit: 3M.com/IATD
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide Financial counsel to the organization leaders and teams (example: Global Business Director, Global Business Marketers, Commercialization teams, and Manufacturing)
- Finance representative on the global business team, providing monthly analysis of worldwide financial results and attainment of targets
- Provide analysis of operating department budgets and counsel
- Develop, Drive and attain the assigned business units in the quarterly estimates, annual operating plan and strategic plan
- Articulate results of financial analysis, influencing business thinking, and negotiating outcomes to assure business results attainment
- Proactively develop analysis and work with business to drive change
- Engage/Partner with USAC, PAC and Global Service Center to ensure
- Assure full compliance with U.S. GAAP and 3M financial standards
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of combined experience in Accounting and/or Finance in a private, public, government or military environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, Accounting and/or Economics from an accredited university
- Minimum of two (2) or more years of experience providing business counsel
- Highly proactive self-starter with ability to drive change
- Strong interpersonal/teamwork skills/abilities
- Advanced knowledge of Excel & Longview
- Experience with SAP
- Ability to translate data into meaningful financial insights and analysis
- Solid communication skills
- Self-starter willing to develop new ideas and thoughts in white space area
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic travel
Relocation: Is not authorized
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
See job description.