Budget/Financial Planning Analyst at Nicklaus Children's Health System
Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Miami, Florida
Performs budget and financial planning functions including statistical and analytical reviews, and prepares and assists in the preparation of financial reports, statements, and presentations. Participates in cross functional teams to assist with financial requirements and to enable adherence to generally acceptable accounting principles. Specialized subject matter expertise in complex health care accounting functions and acts as lead for team and directs workflow.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related business degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of budgeting, forecasting, and financial planning experience required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs annual budgeting for hospital, physician group, and foundation; budget consolidation at the Health System level.
- Performs long range financial planning for the entire health system.
- Prepares accurate financial and statistical reports for internal and external use by government agencies, financial institutions, auditors, and third-party agencies.
- Responsible for updating EPSi database management.
- Completes complex ad hoc reporting assignments requested by Leaders.
- Participates as the financial team member in strategic projects of the Hospital and System.
- Leads strategic projects of the financial division.
- Develops automated procedures, eliminates duplication of effort, and coordinating information requirements in order to increases productivity and efficiency within the Finance Division.
- Provides recommendations to leadership (CEO, CFO, and COO), other hospital administrators, and medical leadership regarding a wide range of hospital based strategic initiatives.
- Master’s degree in Business or Finance preferred.
- Healthcare experience (hospital, service line, physician group, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Strong computer applications and project management skills.
- Outstanding problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently in an environment with a high level of ambiguity.
- Strategic experience in healthcare industry (pediatrics) preferred.
- Financial and analytical proficiency including forecasts, projections and pro formas.
- Ability to assess complex situations, develop actionable plans & successfully execute under stressful conditions.
- Ability to lead multiple projects concurrently and ensuring the projects remain on track and on budget.
- Able to engage cooperatively and constructively with co-workers, medical staff, and senior leadership.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
- Knowledge of ICD9, CPT, DRG, and other coding/reimbursement schedules.
- Strong proficiency in EPSi, Excel, Power Point, Access, AS400, SQL, and other healthcare related systems.