Quality Engineer at Heraeus Precious Metals North America Conshohocken LLC
Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
Location Conshohocken - Pennsylvania
Heraeus, the technology group headquartered in Hanau, Germany, is a leading international family-owned company formed in 1851. We create high-quality solutions for our customers and strengthen their long-term competitiveness by combining material expertise with technological know-how. Our ideas are focused on important issues such as the environment, energy, health, mobility and industrial applications. In the 2016 financial year, Heraeus generated a total revenue of €21.5 bn. Our promise to about 13,000 employees in 40 countries is to enable them to develop their own ideas and to drive them forward.
Your role and responsibilities:
The primary responsibility of this position is to plan and conduct activities concerned with the quality assurance of all products and processes.
- Facilitate customer complaint management including the investigation and problem solving activities. Control, approve and solve production quality problems on-time to meet the customer requirements. Coordinate activities of correction and prevention of problems in products and processes.
- Study customer specific quality requirements. Inform organization and adapt quality system according to customer requirements.
- Coordinate PPAP and provide PPAP document to customer
- Participate in PFMEA, Cpk, control plan; file and maintain related records.
- Prepare items for quality control, generating statistical reports of rejected parts, analyze the scrap and rework of all productive areas to provide technical assistance, to support taking action.
- Responsible for quality process standardization and improvement. Evaluate the performance of procedures for Quality, identifying problems and opportunities for improvement, proposing corrective and preventive actions, aiming for optimization.
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant ISO regulations.
- Directs technical and administrative workers engaged in quality assurance activities.
What is required for this role:
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related filed and two or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment is required. Experience working within automotive industry is preferred. The equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate in a professional manner are required. Documentation and technical writing along with computer proficiency in MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel is required. Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task are required.
- Approximately 10% domestic travel may be required.
- The following experience is preferred: Advanced Quality Planning including strong proficiency with the AIAG Advanced Quality Planning and Control Plan, FMEAs, PPAPs, MSA and Statistical Process Control (SPC) standards. ISO-regulated environment is preferred. Six Sigma Green Belt Certification is preferred.
Our recruiting team will carefully review and consider each individual application. Qualified candidates will be contacted for further discussion. We thank you for your consideration and appreciate your interest in Heraeus. For more information, please visit www.heraeus.com/careersusa.
Heraeus Precious Metals North America Conshohocken, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.