Product Manager at EK Success LTD
Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Wilton Brands LLC (“Wilton”) has a portfolio of iconic brands and is the leading supplier in the U.S. Crafts Industry. These brands help families successfully celebrate life’s many occasions, express their creativity through crafts, encourage them to share with their families and friends, and capture their meaningful and lasting memories. Wilton operates through two divisions, Wilton Enterprises and EK Success, which are leaders in their respective categories.
EK Success has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Product Manager located in our Kansas City office. As Product Manager, you will be responsible for growing sales and profits for assigned product categories through new product development, product line management, and promotional activities. This position will report into Sr. Product Manager.
• Partner with Design in concept phase to determine best options for materials, construction, and vendor selection to deliver products that meet or exceed the vision of product.
• Research competitive landscape, identifying key price points, product features and benefits, and differentiating factors among manufacturers.
• Develop Product Management strategy for each assortment, including: vendor selection, available product materials and manufacturing processes, pricing negotiation, and communication to vendors throughout product development process.
• Create RFQs for each product, detailing all design, construction and material attributes, to secure initial product pricing.
• Manage item number, description, UPC and other attribute assignments for each new product.
• Work with cross-functional teams in Shared Services for POS data and product category analytics, and proposed assortment pricing.
• Assist with proofing of packaging information, and test product functionality by crafting and using product.
• Communicate directly with vendors to confirm pricing, secure pre-production samples for review, and provide clear direction and quality control documents on sample approvals or revisions, to ensure accurate production and timely delivery of high quality products.
• Maintain PD tracking spreadsheets, to record progress of product development for each item, and document item specs for system set-up procedures.
• Manage and input data into development line list spreadsheets, including but not limited to item numbers, descriptions, components, freight estimates, duty rates, FOB prices, CBM, UPC codes, and net pricing.
• Collaborate with Design in building planograms for each assortment, and maintain the POG with pre-production and product samples as they arrive for evaluation.
• Prepare presentation materials for each product program and distribute to sales team.
• Find, analyze and verify product information in corporate data management system.
• Complete data analysis of inventory without sponsorship to determine sell-off opportunities.
• Compile reports for tracking both wholesale and forecasted sales to analyze sales performance and influence future product development
Education and Experience:
• BA in Marketing, Business Administration or related degree preferred
• Minimum 5-7 years’ experience developing consumer products
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must be self-motivated, highly organized and possess positive energy and an entrepreneurial spirit
• Adobe CS6, InDesign and Illustrator is required
• Personal interest in creative products, arts, crafts, or planning celebrating a plus
• Must have a highly refined sense of style and great understanding of fashion, home decor and gift trends and must be able to convey this understanding to suppliers, creative staff (internal & external) and others
• Foreign and domestic travel required as needed
Wilton Brands LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, individuals with disability or veteran status as provided by law. Wilton Brands LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.