Employment Services Director at Universal Technical Institute
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Bloomfield, New Jersey
Job ID: 3477
The Employment Services department at UTI provides employment opportunities for new/current students and recent graduates, and recruits students for Manufacturer Specific Advanced Training (MSAT) and Elective Programs.
The Employment Services Director leads a highly motivated team to deliver operational outcomes and provide part time employment, resume development, advanced training opportunities and graduate employment support to our students. They also work to build and maintain strong employer relationships, including hosting career fairs, interviews, and visits, etc. This leader works collaboratively with other members of the campus leadership team to ensure we are delivering excellent service and achieving strong outcomes for our students and employers/partners.
The Employment Services Director is a strong leader who succeeds with specific attention to the following areas:
• Student Preparedness & Customer Service
• Cross Department & Cross Campus Collaboration
• Talent Development
• Employer Management
• Outcomes Management
A self-confident, extroverted style that can enliven, engage and positively impact individuals and groups is essential. Because a primary focus of this job is making connections with people – your direct reports and our students – poise and an engaging, empathetic communication style based on natural warmth and enthusiasm is the key to achieving success. In general, the core of this position requires a motivated and motivating team builder and organization developer.
Principle Accountabilities & Deliverables
• Ensures high student placement rates by developing employer relationships to increase, enhance and maintain effective local and graduate job opportunities and by ensuring continual follow up with graduates who are not yet employed in the industry.
• Promotes increased student show rates by working with local employers to ensure adequate job opportunities are available for new/current students.
• Recruits candidates for MSAT and Elective Programs by developing effective and inspirational programs and overseeing job fairs and expos.
• Responsible for achievement of department goals and objectives including holding employees accountable for meeting agreed upon goals and objectives.
• Oversees operation of Employment Services department including coaching, mentoring and development of staff.
• Ensure ACCSCT standards are met by reviewing and auditing all documentation collected and distributed by department.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Education / Experience
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Minimum five years leadership or management experience strongly preferred.
• Minimum five years of experience in an administrative position in the Employment Services office of a public or approved private post-secondary school is strongly preferred.
• Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
• Strong customer service skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong motivational skills.
• People and leadership skills and abilities.
• Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 5 pounds 5% or less of the workday
• Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday
• Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, learn and reason for all of the workday
• Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
• Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
• Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment.
• Occasional travel may be required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.