Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Bloomfield, New Jersey
Job ID: 3479
The Technology Support Administrator is responsible for providing customer-centric support to end-users. This position will require a highly technically skilled individual that is able to resolve more complex problems that have been escalated to next-level support. This position will work closely with campus leaders and the Home Office IT leadership team to help develop and execute IT projects and initiatives that align with organizational business strategy.
Principle Accountabilities & Deliverables
• Analyzes, implements, modifies, tests and maintains local site hardware, software, and machine operating systems.
• Understands and performs analysis, troubleshooting, and repair of LAN and WAN infrastructure, including on-site servers, WAPs, switches, routers, etc. Escalates and partners with Tier 3 support teams when necessary.
• Accurately tracks and routes escalated incident and request tickets providing thorough documentation of troubleshooting, history, and resolution, within established Service Level Agreements.
• Analyzes user requests and evaluates multiple potential solutions to determine the best course of action and/or technology solution, delivering successful outcomes.
• Accurately documents analysis, testing, and modification of computer systems and programs through creating and updating knowledge base articles and SharePoint team site information.
• Responsible for the training, and day to day activities of student worker(s).
• Develops best practices using applied technical knowledge and comprehension of business operations.
• Helps determine needs and develops IT budget in partnership with site management and Regional IT Director.
• As a technical expert, provides advice and guidance to campus management to ensure the successful execution of campus initiatives.
• Responsible for the execution of campus infrastructure maintenance and upgrades in conjunction with tier 3 while ensuring minimal impact to business operations.
• Responsible for timely response and resolution of campus outages after business hours to prevent critical impact to business operations.
• Plans and executes major projects in alignment with business operations and initiatives (e.g. new program deployment, operating system upgrades, technology refresh, software deployments).
• Responsible for the management of all site IT assets, including receiving and disposing of technology-related equipment.
• Provides general end-user training and documentation.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Education / Experience
• High School diploma/GED required.
• 3-5 years of IT support experience or equivalent experience required.
• 5+ years of deskside support preferred.
• A+ certification preferred.
• MCSE preferred.
• Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
• Excellent interpersonal and professional communication, both verbal and written.
• Proven ability to use good judgment, problem-solving, and decision making skills.
• Strong, proven organizational skills including multi-tasking and time management.
• Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and professional decorum.
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Operating Systems.
• Intermediate knowledge of Active Directory and Citrix remote user support.
• Excellent linear troubleshooting skills.
• Intermediate knowledge of networking technology and concepts.
• Proven ability to gain, understand, and apply knowledge from technical manuals and SOP’s.
• Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
• Using independent judgment, ability to determine need for replacement of IT assets based on area of greatest need.
• Ability to make informed recommendations that may deviate from or are outside of established procedures, if needed, to resolve issues.
• Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 25 pounds throughout the workday.
• Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 25% or less of the workday.
• Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, and reason for most or all of the workday.
• Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
• Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
• Work is performed indoors in a climate-controlled environment
• Flex business hours; overtime (including periodic off-hours and weekend hours)
• Occasional travel may be required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.