Temporary Line Haul Driver at Express Messenger Systems, Inc
Posted in Drivers 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
OnTrac is now hiring Temporary Class A Line Haul drivers! This temporary position is expected to last from January through March 2018.
In Sacramento, Vancouver, Seattle, Boise, and Hayward, drivers need to be doubles endorsed for line haul work.
In Denver, Salt Lake, Vegas, and Reno, drivers need to have their Long Vehicle Combination endorsement for line haul work.
- Maintain and contribute to a safe work environment by adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Safety Program.
- Conduct package pick up and delivery by utilizing a Company provided regulated vehicle, as determined by the Department of Transportation.
- Coordinate and communicate departure and arrival activities.
- Complete regulated vehicle reports in a timely manner.
- Inspect vehicle, equipment, and supplies daily and is responsible for notifying management concerning routine maintenance by completing DVIR’s daily.
- Keep current all items as required by the DOT regarding the operation of regulated vehicles (ie: medical exam, CDL).
- Understand and operate under the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Perform any other task or assignment as deemed necessary by the organization.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
This position requires:
- A knowledge of routes and driver regulations.
- The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- The ability to communicate and interface with employees.
- The ability to read and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- The ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to obtain resolutions in potential stress situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel, lift up to 75 pounds, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus. Ability to meet the physical and mental requirements as established by the DOT and the Federal Motor Carriers Regulations.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or 18 months of related experience and/or training in related industry or management; or equivalent combination of both education and specific work experience. Class “A” license required.
Driver must have had a license consecutively for 5 years.
Cannot have had a DUI/DWI in the past 5 years.
Cannot have been convicted of a Felony.
Certain misdemeanor convictions will disqualify a driver.
Driver’s license cannot be suspended for more than 60 days in the last 36 months.
Any driver required to have Proof of Financial Responsibility on file with the DMV cannot be used.
Driver cannot have more than 2 moving violations and or preventable accidents within the last 12 months.
Driver cannot have more than 3 moving violations and or preventable accidents within the last 36 months.
Pay: .48-.52 per mile, depends on experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
- Drivers need to have their Long Vehicle Combination endorsement
- High School or better
Licenses & Certifications
See job description