Buyer at Henkel Corporation
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Henkel Adhesive Technologies is a worldwide leader in bonding, sealing and surface treatments - thanks to our ambitious people. We create unique value for our clients and our technologies can be found in many objects touching our lives every day. Our success is built on constant innovation and people who strive for excellence. Working at Henkel is much more than just a job. It's a passion. Have you got what it takes?
The Buyer has the responsibility and the accountability to buy assigned materials in support of select Henkel Chemical Management customers. The Buyer actively contributes to the achievement of all purchasing function goals and objectives, as defined by both Henkel and the customer; including: 1) Cost management, 2) On-time delivery, 3) Quality assurance, 4) Inventory management and 5) Customer satisfaction.
What we offer
- Provide support to purchasing management, assist in selecting world-class suppliers and negotiate best “total costs” to meet customer expectations and objectives.
- Responsibilities include data/order entry, order management, expediting, order analysis, and consumption analysis.
- The Buyer will be expected to lead certain supplier negotiations, initiate request for quotes for medium size projects, help track commodity cost trends, stay abreast of new products and environmental regulations and JIT practices.
- The Buyer will also be a responsible team member in the preparation, evaluation, and maintenance of HCM’s Quality (ISO, & AS9120) certifications, as applicable.
- The position will help interview suppliers, customers, and Henkel contacts.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience.
- Two years purchasing, planning, or inventory control experience; supporting manufacturing preferred
- Excellent supplier negotiating skills.
- Excellent math, spreadsheet, cost and price analysis skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with chemical based products in a manufacturing or equivalent environment preferred.
Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. Refer to the job ID mentioned above and get one step closer to starting your new job at Henkel.
Discover our winning culture: www.henkel.com/career