Sales Engineer - HVAC Controls / Construction at Johnson Controls, Inc
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New Castle, Delaware
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
What you will do
Under general direction is responsible for the sale of Johnson Controls BE offerings to mechanical contractors, designers and consulting engineers. Promote the Johnson Controls value proposition to construction community by providing business and technical solutions. Builds and manages long term customer relationships/partnerships with assigned accounts. Responsible for customer satisfaction and loyalty while working in conjunction with operations partners. Positions renewable service agreements as a foundation of managed account relationships.
Executes the sales process to aid in cultivating and managing long-term relationships and in seeking out, qualifying and closing new sales opportunities. Utilizes sales tools to plan and document sales progress as well as increase business opportunities across all BE-LOBs in assigned accounts. Seeks to expand the depth and breadth of Johnson Controls offerings sold within assigned accounts. Actively participates as a member on select account teams on key and target customer accounts. May lead the account team (market customer leader) on assigned target and key accounts where significant growth opportunities exist and more robust expertise is required from others to solidify the opportunity. Seeks to continually develop sales skills and to enhance knowledge of the JCI product and service offerings.
How you will do it
- Sells, with minimal supervision, the Johnson Controls offerings persuasively, persistently and confidently to all members of the construction community to include contractors, consultants and designers while reaching optimal profit levels. Focuses on all opportunities to allow the contractor to achieve business objectives. Manages multiple, ongoing, opportunities. Sells, renews and expands renewable service agreements, including multi-year agreements, to both new and existing assigned customers.
- Builds partnering relationships with the owner construction community responsible for the decision-making process to drive the sale of Johnson Control offerings. Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns. Understands the customer's business cycle customer base. Demonstrates technical and business expertise and maintains a high level of credibility. Garners loyalty, trust and commitment from the customer.
- Seeks out, targets and initiates contact with multiple prospective customers in alignment with JCI strategy. Develops and maintains a network of industry contacts. Understands and leverages the sales process outcomes as well as demonstrates evidence of advancing the sell. Shares technical knowledge plus business expertise with the customer to match the solution to the customer’s operational need and favorably position Johnson Controls. Qualifies and assesses potential customers.
- Addresses customer's operational and environmental objectives, needs and requirements. Recommends solutions and links customer objectives to total value solution and competitive advantage. Differentiates Johnson Controls services and products from competitors by applying creativity, ingenuity, and innovation in a value added sales approach.
- Positively and credibly influences BE strategies with the construction community. Frequently creates competitive, high quality and timely estimates, proposals, and cost/benefit analysis. Effectively writes, and presents proposals. Negotiates value, addresses resistance and closes the sale. Differentiates Johnson Controls as a total building environment supplier.
- Utilizes applicable sales tools effectively to plan and document progress as well as increase business opportunity in accounts. Leverages Johnson Controls sales process to close sales quickly. Manages the high activity of the pipeline in the managed system with a focus on sales phase, close date, and probability of a close as well as other pertinent information.
- Acts as the customer’s advocate in interactions with Johnson Controls to ensure the customer obtains the best value from Johnson Controls offerings. Sets appropriate customer expectations on Johnson Controls offerings. Participates in final project inspection. Ensures that the customer is trained and oriented to system operation and the value of services delivered.
- Actively establishes a “mentee” relationship with a Sr Account Executive within the branch to assist with their development as a professional BE sales person, with the goal of enhancing his or her productivity.
What we look for
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering plus one to three years related work experience,
- or minimum 9 years related work experience in HVAC equipment or similar field.
- Computer skills experience to include: Microsoft Office suite, (with emphasis on Word, Excel and Visio) Adobe Writer, and basic Windows operating system environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail. Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage a large and diverse number of projects with professionalism, cooperation, and persistence.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com