Production Supervisor - off shift at GlaxoSmithKline
Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
Position Title: Production Supervisor - off shift
Working Location: Pennsylvania
Employment Status: Full time
Required Experience: 2 years
Required Education: Diploma
Travel Required: 0%
The Production Supervisor will provide first-line supervision of daily manufacturing operations to a team of Manufacturing Associates, who operate microbial fermentation or cell culture equipment, prepare media and solutions, conduct chromatographic separations, perform filtration & concentration operations, prepare buffers and solutions, and perform related administrative duties. Serves as a leader outside of their immediate role in regards to process and system optimization, driving continuous improvement, and participating in cross functional and cross business collaboration and teamwork. This role works 5pm-5am on a two-week cycle that includes every other weekend.
• Production Supervisors are expected to have the capability to perform production activities alongside Manufacturing Associates.
• Perform duties in a compliant manner and behave in accordance with site SOP’s, GSK EHS standards and guidelines and relevant legal requirements and ensure that their team do the same.
• Assures that the preparation of bulk biopharmaceutical intermediates meets all quality standards for cGMP, GSK and any other applicable regulatory agency.
• Supports successful implementation of new products and processes into the facility, including all appropriate equipment and area changeover activities.
• Develops Manufacturing Associate work assignments to meet production schedules and to assure that resources are used efficiently and that product delivery targets are met.
• Accountable for Manufacturing Associate development and/or performance management though activities such as assignments and associated technical training programs.
• Initiates/support/lead cross functional and cross business planning, learning, collaboration and teamwork to deliver high quality results.
• BS/BA OR Associates Degree with 5 or more years of directly related experience OR High school diploma if sufficient technical depth has been achieved from professional experience.
• Minimum of 2 years of directly related experience in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industry or 5 or more years of equivalent experience.
• Knowledge and experience in a production area (e.g. cell culture, microbial fermentation, buffer prep, media prep, purification, etc.).
• Clear understanding of the control systems used to run processes in modern large scale Biopharmaceutical plants.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.