Communications Specialist at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
SOM, one of the most influential design firms in the world, is seeking innovative, creative, independent, and critical thinkers who aspire to the highest standards of excellence. Join our collaborative design practice as a Structural Engineering Communications Specialist for the opportunity to build a strong and thriving career.
SOM is seeking a Marketing Specialist for the Structural Engineering discipline with at least 5 years of relevant experience to join the Structural Engineering team. The ideal candidate is ambitious, motivated, highly creative, and collaborative. In conjunction with Partners and Directors and with the support of the Marketing and Communications team, the Marketing Specialist will direct and produce deliverables that represent the brand and drive new business development for the structural engineering discipline. Opportunity for career growth is abundant for a results-driven self-starter.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define market strategy, provide insight and identify competitive advantages for the SOM Structural practice.
- Collaborate with Structural Leadership and Marketing and Communications team to develop materials that reflect and fulfill marketing strategy and communications goals for various markets.
- Lead substantive writing for proposals and qualifications, coordinate submissions, curate highly image-driven portfolios of the firm’s work.
- Participate in interview preparation and strategy.
- Manage new business development activities including potential client and lead tracking.
- Conduct market, lead, and potential client research as needed.
- Represent the firm in client and professional organizations, attend functions as appropriate, and nurture new business leads.
- Work with structural engineers to prepare awards submissions for the structural group.
- Collaborate with Structural Leadership and Digital Design team to develop web-site content.
- Assist with structural exhibitions.
- Manage the structural marketing, business development and strategic initiatives budgets.
- Possibly provide similar duties for other disciplines depending on needs and workload.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired skills and expertise:
- Minimum 5 years of marketing experience, primarily as a marketer in a professional service, design, or related field.
- Proven and exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment with multiple deadlines and stakeholders, executing and prioritizing tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Strong visual and storytelling ability.
- Excellent problem-solving, multi-tasking, time management and organizational skills.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced team environment, working with a heightened attention to detail and an emphasis on quality.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a disposition that is positive and professional.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, journalism, communications, architecture or other related field of study.
- Competency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel between SOM’s offices.
SOM offers opportunities to work on transformational projects, competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and financial and other work/life plans.
At SOM, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm, and our community, while also enriching and challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Visit this page to learn more about SOM's employment policy and how to apply offline: www.som.com/employment_opportunities_and_policy
For more about SOM: www.som.com (For external posts only if possible)
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions (Architecture, Interiors, Planning, etc). Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of your application in the section where the application asks you for your Resume or CV.