Retirement Benefits Analyst at Hillenbrand, INC.
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Batesville, Indiana
Who we are
Hillenbrand is a global diversified industrial company with multiple market-leading brands that serve a wide variety of industries across the globe. Hillenbrand’s portfolio is comprised of two business segments: the Process Equipment Group and Batesville. The Process Equipment Group businesses design, develop, manufacture and service highly engineered industrial equipment around the world. Batesville is a recognized leader in the North American death care industry. We pursue profitable growth and robust cash generation driving increased value for our shareholders.
At Hillenbrand, our associates are our strongest asset, and we strive to attract, hire and develop the best and brightest to ensure our place in the future. Hillenbrand has a strong culture of achievement, which is underpinned by these five core values:
- Individual worth and integrity
- Excellence in execution
- Spirit of continuous learning and improvement
- Customer focus and partnership
Supports and may lead service delivery related to retirement plans including day to day administration, communication and vendor management. Partners with Benefits team on design, implementation and legal compliance for benefit programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include the following:
- Day to day management of benefits delivery for all of US company sponsored retirement plans
- Ensures and maintains retirement plan compliance, funding and reporting
- Administers the Canadian retirement plan
- Manages various small benefits projects – Creates project plan and communication plan
- Assists in implementation of newly acquired US organizations to existing benefit platforms
- Ensures legal compliance in administration of all benefit programs – Maintains up to date knowledge of regulatory changes providing input and recommendations on HI programs
- Monitors vendor process performance, reports issues, participates in implementation of resolution and escalates issues as necessary
- Responsible for partnering with finance and IT to ensure accurate processing of data files and feeds and resolve data issues as needed
- Provides support for special projects within the Benefits department
- Prepares Standard Operating Procedures for areas of responsibility
Customer service, education, and communication
- Assists in conducting associate meetings for new benefit introduction
- Provides current, accurate and timely benefit information to all vendor and employee inquiries
- Acts as liaison with the HR organization
- Assists with the communication delivery of benefit programs
- Other duties may be assigned.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent from a college or university in Business, Human Resources, or Accounting; and a minimum of 4 years related employee retirement plan benefits administration experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with an emphasis in retirement benefit programs, policies, and regulations
- Basic Microsoft Office skills required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Demonstrated experience with open enrollment, managing projects, compiling analytical data and reports required
- Knowledge of state and federal retirement plan benefit laws and regulations preferred
- Experience with HRIS and payroll processes
Employee must be able to travel 5% of the time.
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay + Health & Welfare Plans
- Vacation & Paid Holidays; flexible work arrangements
- Generous 401K Matching Program – 4% (base pay) automatic contribution + $.50 for each additional dollar saved on the first 6% of pay saved.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance: Basic Life, Group Term Life, Voluntary AD&D & Business