Aggregate Class 1 Operator (Third Shift) at Michigan Paving and Materials Company
Posted in Automotive 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Ottawa Lake, Michigan
Job ID: 130305
Michigan Paving and Materials, a vertically integrated Oldcastle Inc. company, energetically drives to continually be a leader in our markets in quality construction materials and value added services by employing innovative techniques and customer-centric practices. We believe that our employees are the reason for our success and we focus on their development and advancement opportunities as well as attracting new talent to our organization. We encourage you to learn more by visiting www.michiganpaving.com, www.stoneco.net or our parent company at www.oldcastle.com.
We are currently seeking candidates for an Aggregate Class 1 Operator (Third Shift) position at our Stoneco Ottawa Lake location.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The criteria for evaluation in this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to operate various pieces of heavy equipment, accurately, efficiently and safely.
- Clean up around plant and surrounding area.
- Lubricate and perform general maintenance on the equipment.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Actively participate in weekly safety meetings (Tool Box Talks)
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site in proper work attire ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to all Safety Practices & Procedures.
- Strict adherence to all company policies and procedures as outlined in the book of company policies.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Previous experience operating or working around heavy equipment
Job Requirements and Skills
- Basic math skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- The ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and fill out routine paperwork.
- This position requires walking, standing, bending, twisting, sitting and lifting
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 50 lbs. without assistance
Stoneco of Michigan and its managers/supervisors have the right to modify, add or remove above duties/responsibilities in order to fulfill the company needs.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Michigan Paving and Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Michigan Paving and Materials is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.