Food Service Worker - WVU Beckley at West Virginia University
Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Beckley, West Virginia
West Virginia University Institute of Technology (WVU Tech), a location of the West Virginia University system, is currently inviting employment applications and nominations for three Food Service Workers. These employees will perform a wide variety of skilled tasks and duties in preparing, cooking, and providing food products and services for students, staff, and faculty, as well as catered events. In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Prepare all hot food entrees according to authorized and standardized recipes and methods, utilizing a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Bake, roast, broil and steam meats, fish and other foods, carving portions for individual servings and ensuring proper portion control is being maintained.
- Perform duties of grill cook by operating grill during cafeteria hours and the cleaning of grill after services performed.
- Maintain cooking area in a clean, neat and orderly manner, recommending corrective actions when necessary.
- Observe and test food preparation by tasting, smelling, and/or piercing to determine if food is cooking properly and add ingredients or seasoning to improve flavor or texture as needed.
- Follow all Hazardous Analysis of Critical Control Points guidelines.
- Review menus and determine type and quantities of foods to be prepared, and obtain necessary food items from freezer and refrigerator.
- Plan cooking and preparation schedules to ensure food will be ready at specified times and correct quantities are prepared, using batch cooking techniques.
- Ensure the proper storage and/or utilization of leftovers and that proper sanitation guidelines are adhered to at all times.
Pay Grade: 8
Number of Positions Available: 3
- High school diploma, or any equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least six (6) months of food preparation experience in a large-scale food service operation; completion of a culinary training program may be substituted for experience