Quality Engineer at Yanfeng Automotive Interiors
Posted in Automotive 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors (YFAI) is the global leader in automotive interiors. YFAI is redefining how people relax, work and play in their vehicle interiors today and decades from now. Headquartered in Shanghai, the company has 114 manufacturing plants and technical centers in 20 countries and more than 33,000 employees globally. They design, develop and manufacture interior components for all automakers. Established in 2015, Yanfeng Automotive Interiors is a joint venture between Yanfeng Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Huayu Automotive Systems Co., Ltd. (HASCO), the component group of SAIC Motor Corporation Limited (SAIC Motor), and Adient, the global leader in automotive seating. For more information, please visit www.YFAI.com.
- Lead, develop, manage and execute all quality systems required within assigned area of responsibility.
- Support customers, suppliers, and Operations staff.
- Execute PPAP submissions, as required.
- Support of the corrective action process. This includes preparation and submission of customer required documentation and construction of 8D problem solving responses.
- Facilitate and assure maintenance of Process Flows (PF) and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) documents for assigned programs.
- Facilitate and assure maintenance of Process Control Plans for assigned programs.
- Ensure compliance to Process Control Plan requirements.
- Ensure that Customer, internal and supplier quality corrective actions (8D’s) meet timing, quality and format requirements.
- Ensure compliance to all applicable quality Customer-specific systems and requirements.
- Support Launch and sample part builds to ensure compliance to dimensional and functional requirements.
- Ensure the appropriate inspection plans and containment plans are in place for the process.
- Support internal and 3rd party audits of the production process and ensure timely close out of any required corrective actions.
- BS or MS in Quality, Engineering or Science related field.
- A minimum of 5to 7 years of related work experience.
- Experience in Advanced Quality Planning including strong proficiency with the AIAG Advanced Quality Planning and Control Plan, FMEAs, PPAPs, MSA and Statistical Process Control (SPC) standards.
- Experience working directly with customers and suppliers, particularly automotive related.
- Experience with ISO/QS/TS Quality Systems is required. Internal Auditor certification is highly desirable.
- Proficient in use of a computer and common office software (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of quality statistical concepts and robust problem solving methodology. Six Sigma certification or equivalent experience is highly desirable.
- Excellent problem solving skills, including experience preparing problem solving documents such as 8D’s.
- Good mechanical/technical skills and ability to read engineering drawings are desirable. GD&T proficiency is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing methods is highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to work in a self-directed environment.
- American Society for Quality certification, such as current CQE status, is a plus.