Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Company: Dematic Corporation
Location: USA - MI - Grand Rapids
Req ID: 52075
Position Title: Director of Materials Procurement
Experience Level: Senior Level
Education Required: Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
Travel Required: Yes
Dematic is a global engineering company that provides a comprehensive range of intelligent warehouse logistics and materials handling solutions. With a global knowledge network of more than 4,000 skilled logistics professionals, Dematic is able to provide customers with a unique perspective in world-class materials handling solution design. Our commitment to solution development, combined with engineering centers and manufacturing plants in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific, ensures Dematic has the range and capability to provide reliable, flexible, cost-effective solutions globally. Our successful track record has led to the development and implementation of more than 5,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium, and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors. Dematic generates a global business volume of approximately $1.3 billion.
Dematic is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
Dematic has an immediate need for a Director of Materials Procurement for Dematic Americas located in our Grand Rapids, MI office.
In support of the Dematic manufacturing facilities, lead purchasing function to minimize the organization overall purchasing costs without compromising quality or reliability of supply. Contribute to the development of the organization overall supply and logistics strategy; and establish purchasing budgets, plans, policies, systems, and procedures that will achieve these strategic objectives.
Identify, evaluate, and capitalize on opportunities to reduce purchasing costs by improving the organization’s buying patterns and supply channels.
Evaluate, negotiate, and manage the most complex or strategically important supplier and vendor relationships to secure terms that are in the organization best interest. Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of managers and other professionals to ensure that purchasing activities meet established targets and standards.
• Develop and execute procurement company’s business strategies in order to attain the goals
• Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of managers; providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance.
• Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions
• Devise and use fruitful sourcing strategies
• Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
• Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
• Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
• Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
• Examine and test existing contracts
• Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
• Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company and customer.
• Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
• Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
• Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
• Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are communicated and that they are followed at all times
• Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
• BSc degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
• Proven working experience as a procurement leader or procurement executive
• Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
• Proven Supplier Management skills
• Talent in negotiations and networking
• Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software, SAP/ERP
• Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
• Experience in collecting and analyzing data
• Strong leadership capabilities
• Ability to travel 50% internationally
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.