District Operations Supervisor at Southside Electric Cooperative
Posted in Business Development 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Recruitology
Location: Crewe, VirginiaJob Description:
District Operations Supervisor
Southside Electric Cooperative
Southside Electric Cooperative is seeking an experienced leader in the power distribution field to join our team in Crewe, Virginia.
The District Operations Supervisor coordinates and supervises the construction, operation, maintenance, and outage restoration of the Cooperative's electrical system within their assigned District. You ensure that all work is in accordance with SEC's established policies, plans, and objectives and are effective at managing timelines, workmanship, and budget for day-to-day operations and special projects. As a manager, you aren't afraid to offer an alternative point of view, but you are committed to showing unity and support for final decisions by the management team. As a leader, you know the career goals of your team and excel at finding ways to motivate and train them to meet the responsibilities and requirements of their position as well as their personal goals for improvement. As an advocate, you know that engaged employees best reflect the mission of the Cooperative to provide safe, reliable electricity at the highest value to our member owners. You seek to refine existing work procedures and develop new techniques, concepts, or programs within established polices.
Additionally, as a District Operations Supervisor you will:
- maintain operational records and prepare reports as required, including observation of noteworthy trends;
- mentor and monitor the progress employees in various stages of their professional development to ensure that the quality of work is adequate and performed in a timely manner;
- appraise the performance of direct reports taking care to outline all positive attributes as well as developing plans to address areas of concern, including recommending disciplinary action when warranted;
- assume responsibility of district safety practices including maintenance of safety supplies and equipment on vehicles and performance of unannounced field visits;
- perform accident investigations to analyze and understand the root cause of the accident and provide post-accident guidance and training to mitigate future occurrences;
- inform the Director of Operations of plans and activities and alert him to problems which can affect the successful operation of the Cooperative;
- perform duties of District Operations support and crew escort for Mutual Aid / Contract crews during major storm restoration activities;
- supervise work schedules and approve time off requests while ensuring we have adequate personnel to perform emergency response;
The above responsibilities are a guide and are not all-inclusive for the responsibilities of the position.
At Southside Electric Cooperative, servicing our Members is our top priority. Like us, you are not intimidated by adverse situations and are ready to serve our members and employees at a moment's notice. The District Operations Supervisor is required to reside within 45 minutes legal driving time to our Central District Office in Crewe, VA. This position includes both inside and outside work in all weather conditions.
Because Southside Electric Cooperative employees take great care of our members and our electrical systems, we reward them with a very competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, all in a supportive and welcoming work environment. This is an exempt position. We are conveniently located on Route 460 with easy access to Route 360, just a short drive West of Chesterfield County.
Documents to establish identity and employment eligibility are required. Offers of employment are conditional upon a negative alcohol and controlled substance test and successful background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
We are an equal opportunity provider and employer.
- minimum of five years of supervisory experience;
- associate's degree in business, business management, or other related training in management, system operations, construction or engineering required;
- ability to match skillsets of personnel to the most appropriate work to bring maximum value to the membership;
- ability to develop a team environment by recognizing the importance and accomplishments of individual efforts;
- ability to promote ownership and team environment by resolving issues or differences of opinion between departments or personnel in a positive and productive manner;
- ability to generate ideas to improve efficiencies and overall Cooperative and employee performance;
- ability to understand safety procedures and practices necessary for line construction and operations;
- ability to function without direct supervision, and make decisions as required;
- ability to identify and address problems promptly while properly documenting each issue;
- Valid First Aid and CPR card (within 12 months of hire);
- Valid Virginia Driver's license.
- ten years of responsible electrical operations experience in a rural electric distribution system with a clear understanding of Cooperative rules and regulations, rate schedules, board and administrative policies.
- sound knowledge of RUS construction specifications, the National Electrical Safety Code, EPA, and OSHA standards;
- sound knowledge in the operations of all overhead and underground distribution line equipment and substations;
- working knowledge of equipment such as derrick trucks, bucket trucks, tractors, meter test standards, etc.;
- Virginia Class A Commercial Driver's License.