Senior Pharmacy Admixture Technician - Part Time, Burke Medical Center at Kaiser Permanente
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Location: Burke, Virginia
Description: Under the direct supervision of a pharmacist, assists in the preparation of sterile products including but not limited to: antibiotics, antineoplastics, total parenteral nutrition, large volume parenterals, pain medications and sterile ophthalmic preparations. Maintains required patient records and profiles. Arranges packing, shipping and delivery of completed products. Coordinates the efficient operation of IV admixture service.
- Aseptically prepares all sterile admixture requests for members upon receipt of physician orders from clinical areas and infusion centers.
- Assists the IV pharmacist in receiving prescription orders for oncology and infusion therapy both for internal and external referrals, Maintains patient profile records and prescription files where appropriate. Keeps pharmacist apprised of patient problems or problems in the operation of the service.
- Orders and maintains appropriate stock levels of IV drugs and supplies in compliance with contracts. Assists with the proper accounting and transfer of IV pharmaceuticals to infusion therapy and oncology cost centers.
- Works cooperatively with oncology and infusion center personnel to identify special needs or changing demands in drugs and IV medical supplies.
- Maintains appropriate logs and cleaning records of biomedical (pumps) equipment. Arranges for preventative maintenance and inspection.
- Carries out various quality assurance procedures including laminar-flow hood cleaning, repairs and inspection, including biological laboratory testing.
- Assembles supplies and arranges for proper delivery or pickup of home infusion medications and supplies.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the admixture machinery and keeps IV room properly stocked with supplies.
- Assists in aseptic technique training of new pharmacy trainees.
- Performs special duties and projects as required.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Compliance with all state board of pharmacy rules and licensing requirements where applicable.
- Active CPHT certification required.
- Bending, lifting, stretching, repetitive hand and wrist motions.
- Ability to communicate pleasantly and effectively with members and coworkers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with computerized pharmacy systems and IV manual and automated equipment.
- Knowledge of aseptic technique.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, pharmaceutical dosage forms and nomenclature and calculations required.
- Basic accounting and purchasing skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Knowledge of the customer focused service requirements of the organization.
- Successful completion of an accredited pharmacy technician training program or U.S. military program highly desirable.
Primary Location: Virginia,Burke,Burke Medical Center 5999 Burke Commons Rd. Scheduled Weekly Hours: 32 Shift: Variable Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat Working Hours Start: 7:00 AM Working Hours End: 6:00 PM Job Schedule: Part-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: OPEIU - Local 2 Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Pharmacy Specialty: Pharmacy Technician Department: Burke Admixture Pharmacy Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time