Psychotherapist II Medical Group - Burke Medical Center at Kaiser Permanente
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Location: Burke, Virginia
Description: To be responsible for evaluation, treatment planning, referral, care management, individual follow-up, and group therapy based on clinical evaluations of targeted populations; and acts as a consultant and liaison to physicians and clinical staff as well as outside agencies.
- Completes mental status and psychosocial assessment of members.
- Provides individual and group psychotherapy and classes, in person and through telemedicine, implementing goal specific and measurable treatment plans.
- Evaluates, counsels and refers members to more appropriate mental health provider(s) or to community resources when indicated.
- Provides urgent care and crisis intervention as indicated.
- Provides more specialized treatment modalities when qualified by special training.
- Consults regularly with psychiatrists on member care.
- Communicates with Behavioral Health colleagues, Primary Care providers, and other Kaiser Permanente providers and agencies as needed to facilitate integrative care.
- Prepares and submits reports on mental health activities as requested.
- Participates in staff development meetings and in quality of care activities on a regular basis.
- Manages panel and practice management within departmental guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
2 evenings a week are required, 11am-7:30pm.
- Minimum five (5) years of Post Master's clinical experience in mental health required.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience providing individual and group therapy required.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience providing urgent care or crisis intervention required.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience providing CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) required.
- Master's degree in social work or couseling required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensed as a clinical social worker or professional counselor in all three jurisdictions in which KPMAS operates - LCSW in VA, LCSW-C in Maryland, and LICSW in DC OR LPC in Virginia, LCPC in Maryland, and LPC in DC are required.
- New employees have one year from date of hire to obtain appropriate licensure in all three jurisdictions.
- Enrollment in PECOS within 90 days of hire required.
- Strong Assessment and Diagnostic Skills.
- Treatment Planning Expertise.
- Strong Individual and Group Therapy Skills.
- Efficient and Effective Practice Management in a Fast Paced Clinical Setting.
- Customer Focus and Strong Ability to Function as a Team Member.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software required.
- Experience providing DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy) preferred.
- Experience working with Eating Disorder, OCD, and/ or Borderline Personality Disorder Populations preferred.
- Child, Adult, and CD experience preferred or desire to learn.
Primary Location: Virginia,Burke,Burke Medical Center 5999 Burke Commons Rd. Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 8:30 AM Working Hours End: 5:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: UFCW - Local 400 Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Behavioral / Mental Health Department: Behavioral Health Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time