State Filings Analyst at Allied World
Posted in Legal Admin 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
To provide support for various Programs related compliance matters such as form and rate filings and internal Programs initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate state filings using SERFF and other internal systems. Assist in filing development, submission, and coordination of objection responses to the regulators. Maintenance of filing documentation and corresponding data management.
- Communicate status of filings along with state criticisms regarding pending filings to Underwriting, Legal and Actuarial Units as well as coordinate systems implementation of rates, rules and forms with applicable Program Administrator.
- Forms formatting (review forms for consistency)
- Form numbering
- Maintaining forms lists (spreadsheet)
- Form readability (scoring) via associated applications
Upload all forms to Compliance Repository (Sharepoint)
- Collect form sets
- Load associated form information
- Create redlines for submission with all form revision filing
- Notify all necessary individuals when objections are received (including due dates)
- Monitor status of responses
- Prepare weekly meeting(s) to discuss outstanding objections. Document resolutions and/or outstanding issues. Conduct follow-ups
Approval notification and Record Management
Upon state approval, forms are loaded to Sharepoint
- Tracked state-by-state
- Identify state specific forms
Maintain Program state filings status charts
Provide to Program Administrators
- Identifies approved forms on a state-by-state basis
- Identifies deviations from countrywide form set.
- Education: Bachelors Degree or 3 years insurance industry experience.
- Some experience and knowledge of state filings procedures helpful.
- Technical insurance knowledge and a general understanding of various insurance company operations will be helpful.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Legal research and internet skills.
Fairfax is a holding company which, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in property and casualty insurance and reinsurance and investment management.
About Allied World
Allied World, through its subsidiaries and brand known as Allied World, is a global provider of innovative property, casualty and specialty insurance and reinsurance solutions. Allied World offers superior client service through a global network of offices and branches. All of Allied World's rated insurance and reinsurance subsidiaries are rated A by A.M. Best Company, A by Standard & Poor's, and A2 by Moody's, and our Lloyd's Syndicate 2232 is rated A+ by Standard & Poor's and AA- by Fitch.
Our generous benefits package includes: Health and Dental Insurance, 401k plan, and Group Term Life Insurance. Allied World Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion or belief, sex, age, genetic information, marital or civil partnership status, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or their protected veteran or disability status. Please visit www.awac.com for further information on Allied World.