Trauma Research Performance Improvement (PI) Coordinator at Nemours
Posted in General Business 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Wilmington, Delaware
As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.Research and performance improvement activities are essential components of a Level I trauma center. The trauma research performance improvement nurse (PI) coordinator works collaboratively with the Trauma Program Manager and Trauma Director on clinical and research components of the Trauma Program. This person is responsible for day to day performance improvement initiatives surrounding trauma patients and assuring compliance with the American College of Surgeon’s research criteria for a Level I Trauma Center.
- Coordinates, participates and documents trauma performance improvement activities: identifies issues, expected outcomes, loop closures and plan of care for trauma patients.
- Collaborates with the Trauma Program Manager and Trauma Director to develop and implement policies, procedures, and care management processes to improve clinical outcomes.
- Analyzes data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Participates in the preparation and completion of internal and external reports, survey documents and site visits.
- Collaborates and assists Trauma Operations Committee members, physician investigators , trauma registry staff, and other interested parties, with the design, implementation, interpretation and submission for publication all trauma related research studies.
- Coordinates IRB submissions related to trauma research. Assures compliance with IRB for all trauma related research activities.
- Collaborates with the Director of Nursing Research to ensure hospital wide participation in trauma related research initiatives.
- Participates in training of nursing and other staff for study purposes; recruits, screens, enrolls sufficient number of study participants in conformance with protocol requirements.
- Facilitates trauma research committee meetings.
- Performs clinical data gathering and measurements as appropriate.
- Master’s degree in nursing, nursing research, or public health required (or must be enrolled in such a program); Must have some trauma or PI background; knowledge of trauma registry preferred
- 3-5 years of job related experience.
- knowledge of trauma registry preferred
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.