Legal Support Associate - Intermediate at Equifax Inc.
Posted in Legal Admin 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Equifax is a global leader in consumer, commercial and workforce information solutions that provide businesses of all sizes and consumers with insight and information they can trust. Equifax organizes and assimilates data on more than 600 million consumers and 81 million businesses worldwide. The company's significant investments in differentiated data, its expertise in advanced analytics to explore and develop new multi-source data solutions, and its leading-edge proprietary technology enable it to create and deliver unparalleled customized insights that enrich both the performance of businesses and the lives of consumers. Headquartered in Atlanta, Equifax operates or has investments in 19 countries and is a member of Standard & Poor's (S&P) 500® Index. Its common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the symbol EFX. In 2013, Equifax was named a Bloomberg BusinessWeek Top 50 company, was #3 in Fortune's Most Admired list in its category, and was named to InfoWeek 500 as well as the FinTech 100. For more information, please visit www.equifax.com. Equifax is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Legal Support Associate – Intermediate
Equifax is currently looking to hire a Legal Support Associate – Intermediate to support the U.S. Litigation Department. This position reports to the Vice President and Group Counsel, Litigation and is responsible for supporting the litigation department by performing various tasks, including vendor onboarding, eBilling management, processing lawsuits and subpoenas, and managing the case closeout process. This position interacts with attorneys and paralegals on the team and assists with projects as needed. This position also serves as a contact with internal and external inquiries and questions related to litigation.
Function Specific and Key Responsibilities:
- Perform and oversee new vendor onboarding process
- Assume primary responsibility for eBilling system management
- Process and circulate service of lawsuits and subpoenas
- Schedule meetings and maintain calendars; serve as coordinator for conferences and meetings
- Manage the case closeout process
- Compile and prepare reports and data as requested
- Review and respond to emails and other communications in a prompt and professional manner
- Ensure appropriate handling of incoming requests and escalate as necessary
- Assist with special projects and generally support the Litigation Department as requested
Job Skills and Experience:
- Advanced PC skills; Microsoft Word and Outlook. Familiarity with Excel and Power Point, with a willingness to learn new office systems
- Organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Prioritizes tasks and assignments with moderate supervision
- Follows up on open items, escalates delays and proactively keeps group up-to-date on status
- Organizes and expresses ideas clearly in both oral and written form, excellent grammar
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and is a team player
- Develops rapport with a variety of people, uses diplomacy and tact when dealing with others, builds a spirit of unity within department
- Recognizes and solves problems that occur in the scope of own work. Evaluates and selects solutions from established options, making decisions with supervisory approval
- Proactively communicates any potential delays in meeting deadlines, keeps the requestor updated with any missed deadlines and new completion date
- Uses standardized procedures and practices with regular but moderate supervision and guidance to achieve established objectives
- Openly accepts assignments to deepen or broaden own abilities
As an intermediate level Legal Support Associate you will have developed knowledge and skills through training and/or work experience and works within established procedures with a moderate degree of supervision.
The ideal candidate has had past experience working in a law firm and/or an in-house legal department.
This position is located in the EFX headquarters in Midtown Atlanta and is not a remote working position.
The hours are 9:00am to 6:00pm, a 40-hour work week with opportunity for occasional overtime.
See Job Description