Asphalt Rake/Lute Operator Muscle Shoals at MidSouth Paving, Inc.
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Muscle Shoals, Alabama
Job ID: 130590
Midsouth Paving, Inc., part of Oldcastle Materials South Division, is a leading supplier of quality asphalt and Construction Services in the Southeastern U.S., with operations in Alabama, southern Tennessee, Georgia and the Florida Panhandle. Working with government agencies, private contractors, counties and municipalities, we produce millions of tons of quality construction materials and pave many miles of highways every year. Our highly skilled workforce strives to deliver the highest quality products and services in a safe, timely and efficient manner, on every project. Midsouth Paving, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Participant.
This position includes various manual tasks associated with the asphalt paving operation. Applicants must have at least one year of related experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Rake asphalt to proper grade and finish before compaction
- Match and finish freshly made asphalt paving joints
- Smooth and adjust surface irregularities in asphalt to restore surface finish
- Assist the Screed Operator with maintaining the grade and screed extensions
- Must be willing to work varying hours and possible weekends.
- Will perform other manual task as assigned per supervisor.
- The job duties described herein are not exhaustive and may be supplemented
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); and at least 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Materials South Division is a part of Oldcastle Materials, Inc., the third-largest aggregates and ready mixed concrete producer, and the number one asphalt producer in the United States. The South Division consists of three regions: Appalachian Materials, Midsouth Materials & Preferred Materials. Companies operate in the states of Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia, with limited operations in Georgia and South Carolina.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials, South Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Materials, South Divisions is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.