Nursing Shift Supervisor - LPN or RN (URGENT CARE/Sanford), Full Time at Nemours
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Sanford, Florida
As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.Nemours is seeking a Nursing Shift Supervisor - LPN or RN (URGENT CARE/Sanford), Full-Time to join our Urgent Care Clinic team in Sanford (Orlando), Florida. This facility operates Monday thru Friday 5P – 10P; Saturday and Sunday 12P – 10P; This position will require some weekend work and holiday work.
Nemours pediatric urgent care centers provide a kid-friendly, family-centered experience for families seeking urgent care services at night and on weekends. With six centers conveniently located in the greater Orlando area, we deliver exceptional Nemours care to families where - and when - they need it most.
This position is responsible for providing quality pediatric patient care on shift.
- Ensures cleanliness of office and clinical environment.
- Creates a welcoming environment and acts as a patient advocate.
- Observes, assesses, triages, and takes a action on all patients according to protocol.
- Provides quality patient care:
- Obtains vital signs and patient history.
- Administers medications.
- Performs and/or assists in procedures.
- Performs labs on patient samples and lab controls according to protocol.
- Gives aftercare instruction and discharges/transfers patients.
- Documents all assessments, actions, care and treatment responses, and communications in patient record in EMR, logs and requisitions.
- Executes physician orders and involves patient/family in plans.
- Supervises, ensuring all duties and protocols performed.
- Attends training sessions and meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities for the Shift Supervisor Role:
- Supervisor Staff
- Ensure staff arrive on time, leave as scheduled, approve overtime as needed.
- Ensure all duties are completed.
- Allow breaks as time/flow allows.
- Delegate tasks/duties as needed.
- Patient/Clinic Flow/Supervision
- Delegate tasks as needed to ensure shift flows smoothly and wait times are kept at a minimum.
- Supervise/oversee registration, triage, vital signs, lab tests, procedures, medication administration and discharges.
- Understands, ensures, and/or performs lab controls per COLA regulations.
- Understands proper maintenance/problem solving on machines including CBC, I-Stat, urinalysis, autoclave and Xray, and when to call for assistance.
- Call Site Manager on call and/or Medical Director as needed for guidance on shift.
- Patient Care
- Perform triage and discharge.
- Obtain and perform lab tests on patient specimens.
- Intravenous, intramuscular, venipunctures and catheterizations as per protocol and MD order.
- Administer medications.
- Perform and assist with splinting and procedures.
- Follow orders per MD and company protocol, in a timely fashion with professionalism, courtesy, competence and accuracy. Perform procedural sedation.
- Updates physician as needed.
- Discharges patient/family providing written and verbal instructions and ensuring understanding by parent/guardian/patient.
- Involve self or shift MD for problems arising on shift with patients or parents.
- Ensure all cultures received in a timely manner.
- Document results in EMR and consult MD.
- Ensure all results scanned into EMR and faxed to PCP.
- Call parents per protocol with results.
- Call prescriptions in as needed.
- Ensure all labs requisitions are accurate.
- Ensure labs to appropriate facility via appropriate route.
- Perform narcotic count with MD at beginning and end of shift.
- Ensure self pay patients are charged correctly with MD signature.
- Ensure QA/QC completed.
- Incident reports filed as needed.
- Code Cart/Safety/Environment
- Check all components of code cart and complete checkout.
- Check oxygen tanks at beginning and end of shift, making sure they are turned off at end of use/shift.
- Notify Operations Manger if low oxygen levels.
- Ensure environmental and safety concerns are met, including BWM, machines (coulter, computers) working properly, facility is clean, and supplies are ordered as needed.
- Follow protocol for discharging patient who has received IV or IM medications.
- Transfer/Admit Patients
- Clear, concise report to admitting facility.
- Perform necessary patient care until patient/family leaves facility via private car, or ALS/BLS ambulance, as ordered by shift physician.
- Ensure documentation/paperwork is complete.
- Associates Degree Required.
- Must be a Florida Licensed RN or LPN required.
- PALS certification required.
- Minimum of three (3) years job related experience required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical pediatric experience required.
- Emergency room/urgent care/ICU experience required.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.