Coop Student 2019-2021 at Nebraska Machinery Company
Posted in Automotive 24 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Company: NMC Group, Inc.
Title: NMC Sponsorship Student 2019-2021
NMC has served customers with equipment and service solutions since 1938. Today, our company remains customer-focused by providing a comprehensive line of product sales, parts, rental and services vital to the construction, power generation, material handling, on-highway truck, agriculture and railroad industries. Whether it’s Caterpillar equipment or another leading equipment manufacturer, NMC continually forges new solutions to meet the changing needs of its customers. NMC continues to take pride in developing strong relationships with customers and our employees. These personal connections cultivate growth and success – and they are the strength of NMC. It is this strength which will move NMC into tomorrow.
**In partnership with Central Community College in Hastings, NE, this Sponsorship Program allows students to earn an Associate’s of Applied Science in Diesel Technology. **
The NMC Sponsorship Program offers selected students the opportunity to learn from some of the top technicians in the industry and simultaneously earn their associates degree in Diesel Technology. This program combines classroom work with hands-on learning in the field and in state-of-the-art labs, so students see technologies in real-world applications—solving problems and helping NMC customers get their jobs done. During the summers, students will work side by side with senior technicians on learning to diagnose and repair various types of equipment. This two-year program provides a great opportunity for personal growth and the opportunity for a rewarding career in Diesel Technology. The program is designed to help students to develop the skills a technician needs to progress within the ranks at NMC.
NMC Sponsorship Benefits:
- Two paid summer internships
- Will work side by side with a senior technician on diagnosing and repairing
- Paid tuition, books, fees, uniforms (estimated $10,000 value)
- Toolbox and tools provided (estimated $5,000 value)
- Personalized mentoring during the summers as well as the school year
- Upon successful completion of the program, the student will earn his or her Associates of Applied Science Degree in Diesel Technology from Central Community College in Hastings, Nebraska
- Employment with NMC with many career progression opportunities available
NMC Sponsorship Qualifications
- Have earned or be in the process of earning a high school diploma or equivalent
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Must plan to enroll in and pursue an Associates of Applied Science Degree in Diesel Technology at Central Community College, Hastings, NE
- Proven record of good attendance
- Ability to work well as a teammate and independently
- Working knowledge of computer systems such as Microsoft programs, (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Skilled in listening and verbal/written communication
Expectations during the Sponsorship
- Follow all safety policies and procedures including:
- Contamination control and HAZMAT rules and regulations
- Reporting potentially unsafe conditions
- Maintains tools in good working order as per MSHA and OSHA regulations
- Attending safety meetings as required
- Utilizing proper bending, lifting, stooping pushing, pulling, climbing, dismounting and three-points of contact techniques
- Participate in all job-related training and applicable development classes to maintain/increase knowledge base on machines service by NMC
- Exhibit and promote NMC’s values
- Showcase professional conduct in the workplace, the school, and beyond
- Earn a minimum of 35 credit hours per school year
- Maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Participate as an active member of the Central Community College SkillsUSA chapter
NMC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or membership in any class protected by applicable local, state or federal law.