Technician Service at 3M
Posted in Skilled Labor - Trades 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Monroe, North Carolina
3M is seeking a Service Technician for the Personal Safety Division/Self Contained Breathing Apparatus located in Monroe, North Carolina. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Service Technician will….
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Must successfully complete training on Scott products, including the use of specific tools and test equipment
- Demonstrate competency in the general understanding and usage of technical manuals, drawings, and processes
- Perform repairs on all returned product including but not limited to thermal imagining equipment
- Must enter and maintain all records of repairs performed thru data entry
- Demonstrate competency in the selection and usage of standard hand and power tools
- Conduct evaluations and root cause analysis of returned products to determine corrective actions and appropriate parts needed repairs. This would include the use of different software packages and applications.
- Operate in a fast-paced environment with safety of personnel and equipment on a regular basis
- Demonstrate Job Safety Analysis while performing daily tasks within the Service Center
- Effectively communicate with other team members and supervisory personnel on repair projects and potential issues
- Ability to maintain and control effective inventory management on a daily basis
- High School Diploma/GED or higher from an accredited institution
- Associate’s Degree/Technical Diploma or higher in a mechanical or technical discipline
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in mechanical designs and electrical operations
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in mechanical, electrical, and air supplied tools
- Ability to understand basic software applications and programs
- Ability to lift and place items or products in excess of 25lbs on a regular basis
Location: Charlotte/ Monroe North Carolina
Travel: No travel is required
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
See job description.