Systems Analyst I at BEACON HEALTH SYSTEM
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: South Bend, Indiana
- Reports to the Application Manager.
- Responsibilities are the coordination of assigned computer applications for defined support areas.
- Participates in project planning, implementation and support.
- Performs general consulting and serves as a liaison with Beacon Health System end-user departments as required.
- Participates in the development of solutions requiring analysis and research.
- Provides support of existing computer applications/systems, which includes: troubleshooting, training for end-users, conducting quality assurance and maintaining computer system security. Ability to handle complex issues.
Utilizes process improvement techniques.
Mission: To enhance the physical, mental and emotional well-being of the communities we serve as the community’s provider of outstanding quality, superior value and comprehensive health care services.
Vision: Our vision is to achieve:
- Innovative health care and well-being services of the highest quality at the greatest value
- Easy access and convenience
- Outstanding patient experiences
Ongoing education involving physicians, patients and the community
Education and Experience
The knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated below are normally acquired through the successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, IS, another appropriate field or equivalent experience. A minimum of two years of progressively more responsible experience in a related support area (i.e., information systems, clinical or business) is desired. Preference will be given to candidates with training and experience with those software and hardware products regularly used by Beacon.
Knowledge & Skills
1. Requires the technical skills and knowledge necessary to effectively use and support various software and hardware. Also requires the skills to execute test plans.
2. Demonstrates the skills needed to perform systems analysis activities.
3. Working knowledge of standard business/clinical practices for defined support areas (such as computer, business or clinical experience).
4. Requires the ability to pay close attention to details.
5. Demonstrates the interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) necessary to interact effectively with all levels of Beacon staff and vendor representatives.
6. Demonstrates basic analytical and problem-solving skills necessary to identify problems and deliver solutions in a timely and efficient manner.
7. Demonstrates good organization skills and the ability to work independently, prioritize workload, and meet deadlines. Also requires effective decision making skills
1. Works in an office environment.
2. Must be effective in a fast-paced, quality focused, multi-priority environment requiring the ability to prioritize workload in order to meet deadlines.
3. May experience some mental/visual fatigue due to continued use of computer equipment.
1. Requires the physical ability and stamina (i.e., to sit, stand and/or walk for prolonged periods of time, lift, hold and carry objects weighing up to 30 pounds, etc.) to perform the essential functions of the position.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
The below statements are intended to describe the essential job functions and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel occupying this position.
1. Coordinates responsibilities and projects for defined support areas for computer applications, including project tasks, troubleshooting, documenting problems, and conveying information to the appropriate vendor(s) and/or appropriate Beacon technical staff:
- Provides ongoing support to one or more application/system in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures.
- Assists in performing system tests and analyzing test results.
- Analyzes situations or data by reviewing identifiable factors.
- Assist in preparing specifications for new systems, projects or enhancements with end-users and information system staff as necessary.
- Contributes to projects by performing specific tasks as assigned.
- Maintains documentation according to established departmental policies and procedures.
- Follows established standards, methodologies and procedures to ensure quality work product is produced.
- Participates in business process redesign and documentation.
- Identifies solutions that will meet the end-user department’s needs in the most effective and efficient manner.
- With guidance, acts as a liaison with and advocate for the end-user department. Provides information between end-user departments and IS.
- Communicates verbally (by phone and in person), in writing and visually observing keyboard and printed representations of issues and requests.
- Performs troubleshooting activities in order to avoid potential problems.
Participates in training departmental end- users in the use of Beacon’s new and existing computer systems.
- Follows the common vision of the work group. Accepts changes in a professional manner.
- Carries out activities within the scope of own job. Strives to produce quality results within established timelines.
- Participates in training IS staff as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with end-user departments.
Completes other job-related duties and special projects as directed.
- Anticipates and takes proactive steps to ensure customer’s needs are met
- Places courtesy and service above routine and goes beyond customer expectations
- Keeps patient/work environment neat and clean
- Understands and applies job-related aspects of patient safety and identifies, reports and corrects safety concerns as quickly as possible
- Keeps others well informed
- Practices active listening
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships
- Uses problem solving techniques to resolve issues and makes decisions within personal sphere of influence
- Seeks to understand patient's experience
- Demonstrates integrity and strong business ethics
- Utilizes time and resources in a prudent manner
- Strives to continually improve department processes and services
- Projects professional image through enthusiasm towards work, behavior and appearance
- Demonstrates Beacon values verbally and through actions
- Displays and exhibits caring behaviors with each interaction
- Demonstrates self-awareness and sensitivity to the perceptions of others
- Listens carefully to input and concerns and takes appropriate action
- Interacts with dissatisfied customers in a calm, respectful manner and seeks resolutions
- Maintains confidentiality at all times
- Fosters a sense of trust and collaboration among associates
- Verbal and written communications are clear and effective
Responds to change in a positive manner
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIESAssociate complies with the following organizational requirements:
- Attends and participates in department meetings and is accountable for all information shared.
- Completes mandatory education, annual competencies and department specific education within established timeframes.
- Completes annual employee health requirements within established timeframes.
- Maintains license/certification, registration in good standing throughout fiscal year.
- Direct patient care providers are required to maintain current BCLS (CPR) and other certifications as required by position/department.
- Consistently utilizes appropriate universal precautions, protective equipment, and ergonomic techniques to protect patient and self.
- Adheres to regulatory agency requirements, survey process and compliance.
- Complies with established organization and department policies.
Available to work overtime in addition to working additional or other shifts and schedules when required.
- Leverage innovation everywhere.
- Cultivate human talent.
- Embrace performance improvement.
- Build greatness through accountability.
- Use information to improve and advance
- Communicate clearly and continuously.