Mechanical Engineer at Heraeus Noblelight America LLC
Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Buford, Georgia
Location Buford - Georgia
Heraeus, the technology group headquartered in Hanau, Germany, is a leading international family-owned company formed in 1851. We create high-quality solutions for our customers and strengthen their long-term competitiveness by combining material expertise with technological know-how. Our ideas are focused on important issues such as the environment, energy, health, mobility and industrial applications. In the 2016 financial year, Heraeus generated a total revenue of €21.5 bn. Our promise to about 13,000 employees in 40 countries is to enable them to develop their own ideas and to drive them forward.
Your role and responsibilities
- Job Summary Implements and verifies overall engineering mechanical design operations for Buford Infrared Industrial Process. Assures engineering objectives are met within cost and quality standards.
- Develops designs and engineering specifications, prepares a design layout of the components to be developed with a CAD-based design package; ensures proper review of the design layout with appropriate personnel.
- Completes detail design using analytical tools, engineering judgment, and any applicable HNA design practices; assists in documenting design to the appropriate level and releasing design for build. Works with minimal supervision.
- Coordinates manufacturing, vendors, or engineering technicians during design fabrication to resolve problems and to ensure that the design is fabricated and assembled to design intent and on schedule.
- Prepares test development and plans as needed; supervises the test and/or development of the design.
- Coordinates manufacturing, purchasing, and vendors to ensure maximum manufacturability and lowest cost of the designs. Resolves problems with manufacturing. May manage small projects.
- Works with controls and electrical software personnel to develop machine control systems.
- Prepares specifications, bills of materials, design reports, and equipment manuals.
- Works with customers and/or Sales in developing design requirements.
- Prepares engineering estimates of time, materials, and costs for task/project requirements.
What is required for this role
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering. Minimum of 4 years design engineering experience.
- Full working knowledge of Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks or similar 3D CAD software package.
- Experience with SAP highly preferred.
- Design experience with fabricated sheet metal components preferred.
- Able to lift 30 lbs., install subsystems in process equipment, and make adjustments within equipment.
- Ability to apply engineering fundamentals to solve difficult mechanical design problems. Basic understanding of physical electrical requirements in mechanical design.
Our recruiting team will carefully review and consider each individual application. Qualified candidates will be contacted for further discussion. We thank you for your consideration and appreciate your interest in Heraeus. For more information, please visit www.heraeus.com/careersusa.