Paralegal at US19 Lonza America Inc.
Posted in Legal Admin 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Allendale, New Jersey
At Lonza, we invest in great people. We encourage our employees to challenge themselves and we offer an environment that fosters creativity and success. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, we operate production, R&D, and business sites around the world, including Europe, North America, and Asia.
We strive to be the leading supplier using science and technology to improve the quality of life.
We work with passion, using advanced technologies, to transform life science into new possibilities for our customers.
Do you want to help us as we shape the future of this great organization?
Job Description Summary
Provide paralegal and administrative support to lawyers and other legal staff, both independently and as requested.
- Review and draft confidentiality and material transfer agreements using company templates as reference. Negotiate alternative language with both internal and external clients. Manage workflow of CDA mailbox. Effectively use technology to meet internal time frames and multiple due dates.
- Use contract management system for research and retrieval of documents. Identify gaps/missing information and remedy the issues.
- Provide support to internal clients in review of completed template agreements, including sales agreements, consulting agreements, etc.
- Perform basic research, other paralegal duties and assist in special projects under the supervision of attorneys
- . Draft legal correspondence, including letters and notices
- Provide backup to Legal staff as needed.
- Provide support for various company policies and procedures, such as records retention and corporate approval policies
- Assist attorneys with travel arrangements, expense reports and other administrative tasks such as scanning, copying and other administrative assistance as requested. Backup or assist in preparation of various documents, reports, communications, and presentations, such semi-annual legal proceedings and/or litigation reports and annual audit letter responses, under the direction of attorneys and/or Manager of Legal Business Operations.
- Paralegal experience (3-4 Years); Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Contract/CDA review and revision experience
- Strong Expertise in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to learn and effectively use Lonza and Legal Department software
- Strong, professional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lonza. The place to Go, Stay and Grow.