NDE Level I Technicians at Intertek
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Elko, Nevada
The Industrial Services division of Intertek Group is a global end-to-end services provider of technical verification, second party auditing, supplier evaluation, conformity assessment, asset integrity management, consulting and system certification. We serve a wide variety of industries, including oil, gas, (petro-) chemical, power, renewable energy and civil & infrastructure.
The opportunity has arisen for several NDE Level I Technicians to join this global organization, for a T/A position in Elko, NV.
General Description of Responsibility
Perform assigned inspection activities to ensure that an object, material, or system complies with applicable codes, standards, and specific job requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the NDT Level I Inspector are oriented toward the inspection of assigned materials, objects, or systems using one or more of the following NDT Methods:
• Electromagnetic Testing (ET): Application of
standard induction of an electric current or magnetic field into a conductive
part, including Eddy Current Testing.
• Set up and calibrate equipment and to interpret and evaluate results with respect to applicable codes, standards, and specifications.
• The NDT Level I Technician should be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the Methods for which qualified and shall exercise assigned responsibility for on the job training and guidance as a trainee from NDT Level II personnel.
• Adopt an Intertek "Marketing and Sales" attitude in all client, vendor, employee, and outside contacts interactions.
• Actively pursue continuing technical education courses or seminars to achieve Level II certifications and beyond.
- Required: High School diploma or equivalent with at least 1 month of inspection related experience.
- Preferred: 3 months of inspection related experience with a completion of 1 year of college in technical or engineering related discipline from a university, college, or technical school.
- Preferred: 1 year of inspection related experience with a degree in engineering or science from a university or accredited college.
- Physical Requirements:
- Must demonstrate the ability to read the equivalent of the size and letters of the Jaeger II chart at a minimum distance of 12 inches and distinguish and differentiate the contrasts between colors illustrated on an Ishihara Test Chart.
- Shall be able to climb ladders/platforms to heights of 225 feet, in increments of up to 40 feet at one time. Any fear of heights (acrophobia) should be identified.
- Inspection personnel performing work on elevated piping shall be capable of wearing the required fall protection equipment.
- Inspection personnel shall be physically capable of crawling in and out of small manways, climb inside vessels, towers, heaters, or other confined spaces for inspection activities, often wearing Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) as required to comply with safety regulations. Any fear of closeness (claustrophobia) should be identified.
- Inspection personnel shall be able to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Inspection personnel are required to work in both environmental conditions, inside and outside. Inspection personnel may be subject to extreme cold (temperatures below 32 degrees F for periods of more than one (1) hour) or to extreme heat (temperatures above 100 degrees F for periods of more than one (1) hour).
- Inspection personnel shall possess fundamental written and verbal communication skills.
- Inspection personnel shall be fluent (written and verbal) in the English language.
- Computer skills, especially familiarity with MS Office applications, are necessary.
• This position outline is a general guideline and does not represent all encompassing details.
Intertek offers a culture where motivated and customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We also offer a generous compensation and benefits package(for full time benefited employees) including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k) with company matching, 100% tuition reimbursement, and a generous paid time off package.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.