Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Elko, Nevada
The Industrial Services division of Intertek Group is a global end-to-end services provider of technical verification, second party auditing, supplier evaluation, conformity assessment, asset integrity management, consulting and system certification. We serve a wide variety of industries, including oil, gas, (petro-) chemical, power, renewable energy and civil & infrastructure.
The opportunity has arisen for several NDE Level I Technicians to join this global organization, for a T/A position in Elko, NV.
General Description of Responsibility
Perform assigned inspection activities to ensure that an object, material, or system complies with applicable codes, standards, and specific job requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the NDT Level I Inspector are oriented toward the inspection of assigned materials, objects, or systems using one or more of the following NDT Methods:
• Electromagnetic Testing (ET): Application of
standard induction of an electric current or magnetic field into a conductive
part, including Eddy Current Testing.
• Set up and calibrate equipment and to interpret and evaluate results with respect to applicable codes, standards, and specifications.
• The NDT Level I Technician should be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the Methods for which qualified and shall exercise assigned responsibility for on the job training and guidance as a trainee from NDT Level II personnel.
• Adopt an Intertek "Marketing and Sales" attitude in all client, vendor, employee, and outside contacts interactions.
• Actively pursue continuing technical education courses or seminars to achieve Level II certifications and beyond.
Intertek offers a culture where motivated and customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We also offer a generous compensation and benefits package(for full time benefited employees) including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k) with company matching, 100% tuition reimbursement, and a generous paid time off package.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.