Administrative Coordinator at Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Posted in Business Development 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Boston, MassachusettsJob Description:
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Alexion is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Req ID: 12149
Job Category: Administrative Support
Location: Boston, MA
Posting Date: February 20, 2018
Attention: If you are a current Alexion employee, please apply via Alexion's internal Life & Career portal. Note that you will need to be connected to the VPN if you are applying away from the office.
Alexion does not contact candidates via instant messaging or chat tools. At no time will we ask candidates for fees associated with obtaining software, nor do we provide employees with a cashier's check to purchase new equipment. If you are contacted in this manner, please be aware that it is fraudulent, and please do not provide any information or money to these individuals. Applicants should only apply through this Alexion website. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to GSOC@alexion.com
Performs variety of administrative activities in support of Senior Leader(s) and functional areas. Maintains and modifies Senior Leaders schedule. Manages travel and meeting logistics. Gathers, collects, and track information within the functional area/team. May handle special projects and execute research and data analysis tasks. Coordinates activities between departments and outside parties. Contacts company employees at all organizational levels to gather information and prepare reports. Work is generally of a critical or confidential nature. Handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Schedule meetings, manage inbox and manage calendars using MS Outlook including the use of meeting technologies such as video conferencing and audio conferencing tools such as Skype and Zoom. Handle day to day administrative responsibilities.
- Preparation of complex, ever canging international and domestic travel arrangements; including: booking flights, accommodation, car service, arranging meetings and preparation of itineraries
- Ability to manage files and team collaboration sites including managing access lists, directories and basic assistance with the usage of collaboration locations.
- Liaise with senior level executives and their staff to coordinate activities and meetings around the globe
- Ability to handle extremely confidential and proprietary information with utmost discretion
- Act as gatekeeper, screening phone calls, responding or delegating to insure timely response
- Coordinate both small and large meetings, conference calls and global video conferences including advanced preparation of materials and audio/visual facilities
- Process invoices and expenses ensuring all are paid on time while adhering to strict compliance guidelines, play a key role in budget tracking
- Willingness to learn and adapt to changing technology. Partners with information technology on continuous improvement initiatives. Eager to lead the adoption of new technologies and help ensure their successful utilization.Open and manage Purchase Orders in SAP
- Mailing, tracking and documenting confidential documents
- Responsible for filing, copying, scanning and faxing
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, be professional, organized and detail-oriented. This is a team-oriented position that plays an integral role in facilitating processes and procedures and ability to remain confidential is critical. They will also demonstrate the ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Candidate must possess excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with a minimum of 5 years of experience using MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Technically proficient with common tools used in executing job functions
- Ability to learn and adapt to evolving technologies allowing executives to be productive from any location
- Highly proactive and willing to take initiative