Gorge Amphitheatre: Seasonal Part Time Paramedic at Envision Healthcare
Posted in Other 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Yakima, Washington
Req ID: 106200
Entity: AMR This is a posting to establish a list of applicants for a future openings currently expected to start around March.
SUMMARY: The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Includes but not limited to):
The following list represents the primary responsibilities of a Paramedic. The relative importance of these responsibilities may vary from region to region and should be discussed by each Paramedic with his/her supervisor.
* Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
* Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
* Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
* Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
* Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
* Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
* Communicate with patient and loved ones to provide information and assurance that care is being given, and to show compassion.
* Act as team leader and take responsibility for scene management as needed.
* Drive the ambulance and provide map reading support to minimize call response time.
* Keep current on certifications.
* Coach and educate partners of new and changing information as necessary.
* Communicate with dispatcher to receive and understand call data and customer feedback.
* Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keep it clean and stocked for optimal call response to maintain the image of AMR.
* Participate in community programs to maintain AMR image and establish strong community relations.
* Document activities completely to ensure appropriate information is available regarding each call.
* Follow policies and procedures regarding out-of-chute times and turnaround times.
* Negotiate with customers regarding additional service when appropriate (e.g., return transport).
* Consider patient status and insurance preferred facilities when determining transportation destinations.
* Ability to work past scheduled shift with little or no notice.
* Work collaboratively with all allied health and public safety personnel at all times to ensure excellent customer service and the best possible patient care.
* Reports immediately to the on duty supervisor and/or account manager any incident involving a negative customer and/or patient interaction.
* Effective information systems security is a team effort involving the participation and support of every AMR employee who deals with information and/or information systems. It is the responsibility of every computer user to:
* Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures
* Attend Information Systems security training, when offered
* Report information systems security problems
* Must stay current with advanced training and continuing education.
EOE including Veterans and Disabled