Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Yakima, Washington
With direction from the plant manager, the position is accountable for safety, quality, productivity, cost performance, employee relations in a high performance work team environment. Input required for capital improvements and budget preparation. Job demands monitoring production performance and implementing processes, procedures, and methods to improve results in all key functional areas. Position is responsible for implementing and maintaining best manufacturing practices and regulatory compliance for all production activities. Also shares responsibility for preventive maintenance, equipment repair, and maintenance performance and systems.
* Shared responsibility for meeting plant safety goals and OSHA requirements. Attends all safety meetings Responsible for ensuring that direct reports maintain housekeeping at desired and acceptable levels
* Ensure the safety of all employees; lead a comprehensive safety program to prevent injuries. Comply with all federal, state, and local environmental and safety regulations (EPA, OSHA, etc.).
* Develop subordinates through education, training, and teamwork.
* Assist in preparation of annual plant operating budget. Meet or exceed plant productivity, cost, or other performance metric expectations as outlined by plant manager.
* Hire, train, direct and mentor staff and all plant employees with diverse language, cultural and educational background.
* Lead plant in continuous improvement initiatives, such as 5S with safety, 6 Sigma, Kaizen events, and lean manufacturing.
* Coordinate production scheduling to meet customer demands, to manage overtime, to minimize inventory, and to reduce costs.
* Support quality initiatives to ensure product meets or exceeds customer expectations. Implement continuous improvement programs to enhance quality. Ability to comfortably interact with customers on quality issues and cost reduction initiatives.
* Provide direct management of production shift supervisors. Includes hiring, training, establishing goals and objectives for performance reviews as well as completing the annual and mid-year reviews. Work to maintain desired level of employee morale.
* Build and maintain productive employee relationships, driving employee satisfaction. Provide direction, training, and development as needed. Provide coaching, counseling, or discipline as needed. Recommend disciplinary action to plant manager, and review disciplinary action by supervisors for effectiveness and consistency. Work with HR to address employee concerns and issues.
* Identify, propose, and implement capital projects to improve operational performance.
* Minimum four year degree, Plastics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Management, preferred
* Solid leadership and development experience of other employees
* Experience in advancement manufacturing excellence systems
* Strong floor presence and strong communication skills
* Teamwork mentality
* 5+ years manufacturing/operations leadership background
* Future interest in Plant Manager roles
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.