Portfolio Manager at United Bank
Posted in Other 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Uniontown, PennsylvaniaJob Description:
United Bank is an Equal Opportunity employer.Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluatedwithout regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion,gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteranstatus, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, or anyother protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to theperformance of the work involved.
Job ID 2017-2492
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US-PA-Uniontown
Posted Date 2018-01-04
Category Lending (Commercial/Consumer/Mortgage/Retail)
Market/Branch Hidden (29533)
The Portfolio Manager owns primary responsibility for the underwriting quality, portfolio administration and credit quality of assigned portfolio working directly with Relationship Manager, Lenders and other stakeholders within the Bank.
- Responsible for the credit and monitoring of portfolio risks..
- Working directly with Relationship Manager, Treasury Management and other team members to effectively grow fees, deposits, and portfolio revenue by presenting financial solutions to customers.
- Conducts preliminary evaluation and underwriting of loan proposals terms sheets.
- Contribute to the Team's overall meeting and/or exceeding the assigned volume/production goals
- Identify and recommend changes and enhancements to the Bank's lending policies and procedures, to best serve community and current market needs
- Responsible for full cycle of loan requests process. Provide financial and market analysis, obtain data to prepare a term sheet and write proposals to expand lending business.
- As part of the underwriting process, requests all third party appraisals required and obtain reports while ensuring all is within compliance.
- Identify areas of concerns pertaining to a loan and discuss with Lender or Relationship Manager
- Primary liaison with the Credit Department on loans submitted, prepare LLR and facilitate approval of the loan.
- Primary contact for the coordination of information between client and internal departments in the loan process.
- Responsible for communication and finalizing loan closing with external closing attorney.
- Responsible for overseeing renewals, document tickler and covenant tracking of loans.
- Monitor loan documentation exception reports and follow-up to clear up document exceptions in a timely manner.
- Works closely with Relationship Manager to manage maturing loans.
- Troubleshoot, report and manage activity on delinquent accounts at the various intervals
- Generate and provide requested reports as necessary on Team's loan portfolio
- Participate in team sales call and attend external events and activities in a business development role.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a Banking environment with emphasis on credit area required.
- Prior experience with loan underwriting is required.
- Formal credit training is required.
- Ability to analyze financial and project statement, corporate and personal tax returns.
- Understanding of basic loan structure processes and regulations associated with lending
- Strong understanding of loan documentation criteria
- Knowledge of United's services, products, policies and procedures is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal, customer relations and sales skills;
- Ability to demonstrate being a self-starter, well-organized, detail-oriented
- Strong team work ethics is required
- Ability to work well independently and in a fast paced environment
- Travel within the local market may be necessary
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Sufficient dexterity of hands and fingers to efficiently operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
- Ability to converse and exchange information with all levels of staff within organization.
- Ability to observe, perceive, identify, and translate data
With over 175 years of experience, United Bank is one of the region's premier banks with locations in West Virginia, Virginia, Washington, DC, Maryland, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. A subsidiary of United Bankshares, Inc., with dual headquarters in Washington, DC and Charleston, WV, we are a full service financial institution with over $19 billion in assets.
At United Bank, our people are our greatest asset. Our company is a perfect fit for hard-working, driven individuals as we provide a culture that is entrepreneurial, efficient, relationship-based and service-oriented. United is proud of our record of growth and our commitment to service - not only to our customers, but also to the communities in which we live and work.
United encourages our employees to become involved in the community and in professional activities, and we provide continued training and other support to help all employees achieve their full potential.