VP Product Development & Merchandising - Apparel at Fechheimer Brothers Company
Posted in Design 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Vice President – Merchandising & Product Development - Apparel
Fechheimer Brothers Company, a Berkshire Hathaway company and a leader for apparel in the Public Safety, Federal, and Commercial markets since 1842, is seeking an experienced Vice President of Merchandising & Product Development in the apparel industry. The VP is responsible for leading the Company’s strategic and tactical development of the Fechheimer product line for all of its uniform and apparel brands. This involves defining and managing a product roadmap to enhance the customer relationship and add business value. Merchandising of existing products includes all the analyses and activities related to driving sales, increased market share, profitable growth and Return on Invested Capital.
Product Development partners with Marketing, Sales, and Operations to drive development of innovative, industry-leading, profitable products that meet the needs of our end consumers. The product development team reports directly to this position.
- High Energy Leader.
- Communication Excellence.
- Execution Focus.
- Demonstrated Knowledge in Apparel Product Development.
- Metrics Driven Business Acumen.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Leads all brand conceptualization, initiation, merchandising, and product development processes from request through to launch and beyond, including costing and quality evaluation process.
- Recommends new product designs, enhancements, construction, and material options to innovate and elevate our brands, while achieving financial requirements.
- Facilitates communication with customers and stakeholders across the company to determine product needs and requirements.
- Collaborates with the business teams during discovery to assess value, usability, and feasibility of product features. Oversees the maintenance of all standards issued for brand consistency.
- Manages the flow of specs, prototype, and sample materials and fabrics for timely, accurate, and profitable execution of product designs.
- Develops and successfully leverages cross-functional internal relationships (Sales, Marketing, Operations, Customer Service, etc.) and ensures communications are coordinated to achieve goals and objectives.
- Reviews and evaluates customer demand and sales trends, generates reports, analyzes financial performance, and determines where to place products for sale.
- Develops effective merchandising programs to advance overall features and solutions to support sales performance, as well as promote brands and products.
- 10+ years leading an apparel product development organization.
- Ability to analyze data from multiple viewpoints including market data, competitive offerings, and other information sources.
- Strong skills in tactile/aesthetic evaluation.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams .
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Travel internationally and domestically 25% of the time.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
See job description