Posted in Design 30+ days ago.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Northeastern University seeks an energetic, creative, story-driven design director to help launch and manage a new general interest magazine.
This is a rare opportunity to shape and run an ambitious publication. Experience Magazine will be a digital magazine about the power of lived experience, documenting everything from vicarious experiences (a gymnast on the vault; a line cook in a restaurant kitchen) to experience-driven changes in work and society. Our stories will explore:
By definition, the magazine will be dynamic and immersive, with classic storytelling at its core. Though not explicitly focused on Northeastern people and events, Experience Magazine will help to solidify the university's position as a world leader in experiential education.
The Design Director will be a core member of the creative team, involved in every aspect of developing and running the magazine. In collaboration with the Editor-in-Chief, the Design Director will:
• 10+ years relevant experience, preferably at a media publication
• A bachelor’s degree
• Proven ability to oversee all facets of production, from conception to assignment to editing
• Strong skills in visual storytelling and visual communication; ability to think creatively about formats and styles
• Excellent design and typography skills
• Relentless curiosity and a sense of humor
• Strong background in user-centered design, including incorporating testing and analytics into effective user experience solutions
• Ease in working with video, animation, infographics, and data visualization
• Firm grasp of digital media, social media, and content trends
• Ability to work on deadline in a fast-paced environment
• Strong skills in teamwork and communication
• Experience with Wordpress, the Adobe Creative Cloud, and prototyping apps
• A network of talented and reliable photographers, illustrators, and videographers
What stands us apart:
• We offer a highly competitive benefits package, including tuition waivers for that master’s degree or certificate you’ve been thinking about.
• Other current offerings include discounts on technology products, health and fitness programs, generous retirement programs, ample paid time off, and professional development opportunities.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency