Concept Artist (Temporary) - Treyarch at Treyarch Corporation
Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Santa Monica, California
Concept Artist - Long termTemporary
We are on the hunt for super talented experienced Concept Artists to join our team and work on our next exciting project. This is a critical role that pushes the visual look and style of the game forward. The Concept Artist works directly with the Art and Associate Art Directors, as well as the immediate teams attached to the piece to provide visual communication. Please note this is an onsite, long term temporary gig.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create concepts for a wide variety of team needs. The bulk of the work will center on environmental scenes, graphic design, and more.
- Research and create inspirational pieces for the pre-production of levels.
- Generate paint overs on the existing game to push the visuals further and problem solves areas.
- Work closely with the team attached to the piece to ensure the concepts are as effective as possible. Seek out additional knowledge by interacting with the art and design staff, as well as reading game documentation and playing the game as needed to deliver the most informed piece as possible.
Skills and experience you’ll need:
- Must have prior experience in either the film or game industry.
- Be an expert in Photoshop
- Has a strong background in traditional art skills and demonstrates an understanding of fundamentals like composition, perspective, proportion, scale, value, and color theory.
- Demonstrates strong sketching abilities as well as rendering, matt painting, graphic design and iconography. Understands which art techniques to employ to deliver the piece on time while communicating what is needed to the team.
- Utilize 3d applications like sketch up, Modo, 3ds, or Maya to facilitate work.
- Can create hyper realistic environmental scenes.
- Strong understanding of architecture construction and environmental design.
- Have a proven record of meeting deadlines.
- Is fast and organized doing research and reference gathering.
- Has excellent communication skills and is able to work one on one, in groups, and with multiple departments and different personalities. Is proactive amongst all parties.
- Possesses the ability to take direction and feedback from the team as well as contribute ideas. Understands the artwork is functional to the game, has game play relevance and implications, and needs to clearly communicate to the team of its intended goals.
- Shows an interest in delivering the best possible results and puts in effort to achieve them.
- Must be comfortable with learning new tools, including some of the game tools.
- Must have a portfolio of work for consideration. Web based portfolios are preferred.
Treyarch is an award-winning video game studio, driven by the desire to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. Prior to entering development for Call of Duty®: Black Ops 3, the studio’s Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2 set world-wide launch day records, with its previous game Call of Duty®: Black Ops having also set an entertainment launch opening record (2010). Black Ops 2 continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time. Treyarch is also the birthplace of Call of Duty’s popular Zombies.
We employ the world’s greatest engineering, design and creative talent and give them the cutting-edge technology, tools and resources that they need to thrive creatively, both on their own and as teams. We are driven by a deep sense of pride, constantly striving to do the best work of our careers, so fans can have the most fun of their lives.