Communications Specialist at American College of Radiology
Posted in Art 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Reston, Virginia
Founded in 1923, the American College of Radiology® is at the forefront of radiology evolution, representing nearly 40,000 radiologists, radiation oncologists, nuclear medicine physicians and medical physicists.
We are seeking energetic and innovative individuals to further reinforce our core purpose of serving patients and society by empowering members to advance the practice, science and professions of radiological care.
If you share our core values of: Leadership • Integrity • Quality • Innovation, we want you on our team!
ACR recently launched the Data Science Institute (DSI) to support the advancement, verification and implementation of artificial intelligence (AI) in medical imaging. The DSI will be developing use cases for AI in medical imaging, quantifying the data elements needed to define those use cases, facilitating the integration of AI algorithms into the clinical workflow, and providing validation/verification of the algorithms. We are looking for the Data Science Communication Liaison to coordinate the activities of the DSI, among other responsibilities.
The Communication Specialist will be responsible for the following job duties:
• Coordinate DSI activities among the DSI and the Publications, Marketing, and Public Relations departments
• Work with counterparts in industry to formulate bi-lateral and multi-lateral messaging strategies and coordinate marketing campaigns
• Staff the AI Advisory Group
• Maintain all of the DSI content
• Manage and post DSI content to the DSI website
• Explore new platforms to convey information about DSI activities, such as podcasts, short animated presentations, etc.
• Assist in the development of webinars
• Write articles summarizing DSI activities for Advocacy in Action
• Assist in the development of AI educational material for different audiences
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree, and 5 to 7 years’ experience working with a member association. Health care writing and publishing experience is a plus. Specifically, the position requires strong communication, editing, proofing, and research skills, along with an ability to effectively and productively manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced office. The qualified candidate must be able to write appropriately for an array of formats and audiences. In addition, the candidate must possess a thorough knowledge of PCs, MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, and e-mail. Knowledge of mobile devices, video filming techniques, and various social media platforms is helpful.
ACR offers a rewarding employee experience: amazing culture, professional growth potential, competitive compensation and an exceptional benefits package, including a defined contribution pension plan, 403(b); generous PTO; insurance plans with the leading providers; flexible spending; tuition reimbursement; wellness reimbursement; onsite fitness center (Reston), just to mention a few.