Architectural Associate (Experienced) at Flad Architects
Posted in Design 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Type: Full Time
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
- Responsible for preparing presentation drawings and models and developing designs and technical solutions throughout all phases of a project. Become involved in coordination for internal team members and consultants.
- Develop a project's program into alternative conceptual design proposals. Participate and contribute to design discussions, idea generation, and design work in drawing, model and 3D image formats.
- Work closely with team members and assist to complete projects on aggressive schedules by meeting deadlines within expected time and budget constraints.
- Generate revisions and corrections from outline mock-ups, redlined drawings and project document sets.
- Attend client meetings to observe the overall process and develop presentation skills.
- Participate in construction site visits to better understand the construction process.
- Recognize and document conflicts that arise during construction and offer alternatives to resolve these issues.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in architecture required. Master's degree preferred.
- Two years recent and relevant architectural experience required; experience in one of Flad's market segments preferred.
- Proficiency in Rhino or Sketch Up, and 3D rendering software required. Intermediate Revit knowledge required; have used Revit for at least two years in academic and professional settings. Works mostly in Revit to complete work on projects in one or more aspects (modeling, detailing, etc.). Makes edits to and works within established templates, standards, etc. Beginning to understand how firm projects are initially set up and how families are created. Expert Revit knowledge preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Grasshopper, Dynamo, Power Bi, and Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Portfolio that demonstrates a high level of skill in design thinking and presentation media required.
- LEED accreditation preferred.
Only candidates who submit work samples will be considered.
Flad Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Flad will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.