Distribution Services Associate at VWR International, Inc
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Buford, Georgia
The Distribution Services Associate is responsible for filling orders, including the picking, packing and shipping of product.
* Follow all assigned SOPs.
* Complete all daily orders including picking, packing and shipping of product.
* Ensure proper shipping label or labels are applied to the correct packages and FOB matches shipping preferences on the pick ticket; apply label(s) to packaging.
* Perform and sign-off on specific inspection criteria from the point of picking orders, pulling supplies, and printing supplies to avoid shipping errors.
* Determine shipping priorities (from the customer base perspective) ensuring orders are shipped on time.
* Maintain a working relationship with customer contacts.
* Discard trash within assigned work area on a routine basis to avoid waste build-up.
* Perform equipment maintenance per department schedule.
* May print and scan pick and pack slips.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills:
* Ability to communicate effectively and work as part of a team
* Ability to follow directions and pay close attention to detail
* Ability to match like numbers
* Basic understanding of computer programs
* High School completion or equivalent (GED)
* Previous experience with warehousing or shipping systems desirable
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* The work environment characteristics and physical effort described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the associate is exposed to an industrial warehouse environment. The associate works near moving mechanical machinery and noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The job requires working in heights, exposure to changes in temperature, driving equipment, and maybe exposed to dust, fumes, or gases.
* The associate is required to stand and walk for the majority of the working day. The physical requirements of the job are for associates to talk, hear, bend/stoop, squat, climb height, reach above shoulder height, crouch, kneel, balance, and push/pull. Furthermore, the job requires associates to lift/carry/push or pull up to 50 pounds with or without assistance. Associates use both hands for repetitive actions such as grasping and manipulating as well as both feet for repetitive movement. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading, global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.3 billion in 2015, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 9,300 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed. We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit jobs.vwr.com .
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com .