Analyst/Engineer SURFMEPP (Junior) at Life Cycle Engineering
Posted in Other 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: NORFOLK, Virginia
LIFE CYCLE ENGINEERING
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) is a privately held, employee-owned company with an emphasis on "doing the right thing the right way," which applies to the way we treat our customers and employees. We are proud to have been recognized as a "Best Place to Work!" Learn more below and at www.lce.com.
Analyst/Engineer SURFMEPP (Junior)
As Analyst/Engineer SURFMEPP (Junior) you will provide centralized surface ship life cycle maintenance engineering, and class maintenance planning and management to closely align with the Fleet, Surface Warfare Enterprise and Naval Sea Systems (NAVSEA) needs and priorities.
The primary mission of the Analyst/Engineer SURFMEPP (Junior) is to assist the Corrosion Analyst/Engineer conducting review and analysis on the interrelations of ship specific corrosion conditions and their impact on expected service life. Additionally, the selected candidate will track recurring corrosion conditions on multiple Surface platforms using Navy databases and maintenance records to provide analysis and recommendations in support of SURFMEPP's life cycle maintenance strategies.
* Must be a US citizen with a current DoD Secret security clearance
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Apply practical engineering and analytical judgment while tracking corrosion work reported by assessment activities to support of the maintenance planning process.
* Obtain coating and structural knowledge necessary to participate in related Communities of Practice and Knowledge Sharing Networks, as well as review and QA condition data as reported during assessment events.
* Have an understanding of the government maintenance team and private shipyard organizations, as they relate to condition assessment and depot level maintenance execution.
* Be familiar with or able to quickly learn based upon previous database experience, Navy Maintenance and logistics databases (VSB, NMD and CCIMS).
* Provide assessment of sensor and weapon performance, test planning/evaluation, CONOPS development/evaluation, systems and architecture trade studies and end-to-end effectiveness assessments.
* May provide work leadership for lower level employees.
* Use AUTOCAD for updates to drawings (entry level or willingness to learn)
Education & Experience:
* High school degree or GED with two (2) years of relevant experience, OR a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field.
Physical Demands and Expectations:
* Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs, and standing; frequent periods of prolonged sitting may be required.
* Maneuvering around tight spaces in a shipboard environment
* Ability to speak, read, hear, and write, with or without assistance.
* Ability to use phone and computer systems, copier, fax and other office equipment.
This position description represents a summary of the major components and requirements of the outlined job. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned or required as business needs dictate. Questions regarding this description should immediately be addressed to the department manager or to Human Resources.
Our mission is to enable people and organizations to achieve their full potential.
As a professional services organization our mission is focused on our clients' people and organizations. It is our company's cornerstone belief that we will not lead the industry in assisting our clients unless we excel at helping our own people and teams reach their full potential.
Our corporate culture encourages personal and professional growth because LCE's success depends on the talent, professionalism and commitment of its employees. LCE is a strengths-based organization focused on turning individual talents into strengths and then turning individual strengths into organizational performance that supports our clients' success.
* Affordable Medical/Dental/Vision for Employees, with plan options for the whole family.
* Free Employee Life and Disability Insurance, with supplemental coverage options available.
* Health Savings Account and Flexible Benefit Account options
* Company matched 401K & company funded Employee Stock Ownership Program
* Paid Vacation, Holidays, & Sick Leave
* Continuing Education & Professional Development Programs at all levels
* Flexible Schedules & Relaxed Dress code
* Employer sponsored events, social collaboration, and open communication
* Free access to an extensive online training library, including certification prep
* Bonus Program for outstanding contributions, Employee Referral Program, numerous Recognition Opportunities, and more…
*Benefits may vary by business unit & location. http://www.lce.com/Employee_Benefits_358.html
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that LCE take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. In addition, LCE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. LCE shall also abide by the requirements of 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A.