Tanker Driver at Pennsy Supply, Inc
Posted in Drivers 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Job ID: 130890
Pennsy Supply, part of Oldcastle Materials, Inc., a division of Oldcastle, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, and construction and paving services in the United States. Our operations span the nation from Montana to Texas and from Washington to Florida, with 17,500 employees at more than 1,200 locations in 44 states.
The truck driver is responsible for operating trucks to transport AC (Asphalt Cement), Cement or Fly ash to various plant locations. This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of equipment/trucks. Work will be performed per the supervisor’s instruction, free from direct supervision, except for more complicated jobs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for own personal safety at all times as well as, maintain the highest standard of safety and quality in all aspects of the job.
- Operates truck in a safe and professional manner on public highways, roads, in the yard area and various job sites to deliver materials, obeying applicable laws and following dispatcher instructions.
- Properly follow all company policies and procedures for a safe working environment, report any problems to the supervisor, dispatch, transportation manager, safety director or Human Resources.
- Be able to ingress and egress truck by navigating 2 steps with grab bars present.
- Be able to manipulate truck steering wheel (power steering), shifter and other various levers and knobs, necessary for operation of truck and associated equipment.
- Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle.
- Responsible for loading truck AC (Asphalt Cement), Cement or Fly ash at various terminals and unloading at companies asphalt or ready mix plants.
- Must be able to keep a flexible schedule to meet the needs of our plants.
- Maintain telephone or radio contact with appropriate supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- Assist in training less experienced employees on the proper operations, servicing and repair of equipment to further their abilities.
- Complete required safety documentation.
- Performs daily pre/post trip inspections, checking fluid levels, tires, lights and other controls for safe operation, with appropriate documentation in compliance with DOT guidelines.
- Maintain daily vehicle mileage logs.
- Maintain operator logs, forms and records in accordance with company policy and DOT regulations.
- Complete written reports of problems or necessary repairs and forward to maintenance personnel. Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Assure product quality to the best of the Driver's ability before leaving plants and in route to jobsites.
- Safely maintain a clean truck, inside and out, to insure safety and operational excellence, by washing truck, and cleaning bed of any leftover debris.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Have and maintain a Commercial Driver’s License, Class A CDL with Tanker and Hazmat Endorsements.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must pass DOT physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- MVR must meet company and DOT standards.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, customers, and the general public at all times.
- Strict adherence to the Pennsy Supply, Inc. Safety Manual.
- Strict adherence to the Pennsy Supply, Inc. policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as assigned.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times outside of vehicle, and in designated production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: safety face sheild, safety (hard toe) shoes (above ankle), and safety color vest with sleeves.
Education and/or Experience
High school Diploma or equivalent.
Two years of related tractor/trailer driving experience preferred, but not required.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Materials is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.