Associate Style, Grooming and Gear Editor, MensHealth.com at THE HEARST CORPORATION
Posted in Writing/Editing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Can you explain selvedge denim in a captivating way? Do you have strong opinions on Dopp kits and what constitutes a great one? Are you excited when a Bluetooth-connected coffee table with refrigerated-drawers hits Kickstarter? Are you passionate about pomade? You could be the Men’s Health Style and Gear editor.
This position reports to the Digital Director of MensHealth.com, the digital arm of the world's largest men’s magazine. In this role, you’ll work to identify interesting and unique style, grooming and gear concepts to be executed as short and longer-form features, listicles, and videos.
You will play a key role in developing and top-editing fresh, irresistible, and on-brand copy. You should be a speedy editor with a proven, strong story sense, capable of producing articles and packages that both drive traffic and engage readers’ interests. You’ll also be responsible for identifying accomplished freelance writers, style, grooming and gear influencers and overseeing their incorporation into the Men’s Health brand.
You should have a passion for making a man’s life better through what he wears, what products he uses and what he buys. You should be analytics-minded, comfortable monitoring, reporting and exceeding traffic goals and identifying editorial and social growth opportunities for the web site.
- Conceive, plan and execute ambitious daily style, grooming and gear content
- Conceive, plan and execute a host of new franchises, based on top performing past analytics
- Work closely with Digital Director of MensHealth.com to execute the brand’s editorial vision
- Work closely with Branded Content Editor and Digital Publisher to create aff-comm and advertising partnership content
- Create and execute big-idea packages, franchises and destination centers on the site, as needed
- Edit and project-manage copy, including newsletters, affiliate packages as needed
- Assist in monitoring, reaching, and exceeding online traffic goals
- Work closely with all departments including IT, design, production, SEO, and advertising
- Monitor and analyze metrics to advise on decisions about site content
- At least two years' experience creating men's lifestyle content at a digital-first editorial outlet
- Intimate working in and with all top-tier social platforms and an impeccable understanding of SEO, including how to optimize content to reach the top of Google Trends or Google News
- Have an impressive network of freelancers
- Have an preternatural ability for sniffing out a winning style piece
- Familiarity working in a CMS
- Solid understanding of Men’s Health’s audience and editorial mission
- The ability to shift gears quickly in a daily web publishing environment
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- A strong service-journalism sensibility
- Ability to work closely with other editors and autonomously