Transportation Construction Inspector at Pennoni
Posted in Consultant 23 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Uniontown, PennsylvaniaJob Description:
Pennoni Associates, established in 1966, is a multidiscipline engineering and design consulting firm that provides personalized services and solutions to meet the needs of our diverse clients. Pennoni provides services to local, state, and federal government clients, private, commercial, industrial, and construction clients as well as to other professional firms.
Pennoni Associates is current seeking a Transportation Construction Inspector with experience consistent, but not limited to:
- Inspecting all phases of construction on highway construction and maintenance projects
- Planning, coordinating, inspecting and/or overseeing project inspection activities to ensure contractor compliance of plans, contract documents, specifications and standards.
- Reviewing and maintaing pertinent project documentation and ensuring that all documentation accurately details construction progress, activities and materials.
Advising contractor superintendents or other representatives of necessary action to ensure conformance of plans, specifications, and the contract.
- Preparing, reviewing, and submitting daily inspection reports and necessary project documentation regarding materials, project payments, account work, and contract compliance.
- Attending pre-bid, pre-construction and progress meetings throughout the course of the project.
- Interacting with the general public, government agencies, contractors, sub-contractors, and other internal and external parties to respond to inquiries and resolve field issues.
Frequently checking lines, grades, and dimensions of roadways and structures with and engineer’s level and other survey equipment and advising contractor of any discrepancies.
Ensuring highway work zones and traffic control set ups are in accordance with current standards.
Recording material showing quantities received, used and tested.
Checking materials and material documents to ensure they have been tested.
Performing physical tests and analyzing sample materials on the job.
Preparing daily inspector reports for preparation of entries into project diaries.
Why Work With Us?
Pennoni Associates Inc., an ENR Top 500 consulting engineering firm, has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. According to the results of the surveys, Pennoni has built a great workplace where its employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they work with, and take pride in what they do. Our excellent work relationships are strengthened because of our unique ability to anticipate and exceed expectations of our clients by using multi-disciplined engineering, ensuring the continued success of their projects and our firm.
High School Diploma or GED.
Minimum of 5 years of transportation construction inspection experience.
Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, CDS NeXTGEN, CDS-V3 and ECMS.
- Thorough understanding of PennDOT and/or PA Turnpike procedures from project startup through finalization, including documentation forms, sampling requirements and contractor submissions.
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to work with others in a group atmosphere.
Posession of current required certifications acceptable to PennDOT to include:
- NICET Level II or III in Transportation Engineering Technology/Highway Construction.
- NECEPT Bitumnious Pavement Field Technician Certification
- PennDOT Concrete Field Testing Technician Certification (NECEPT)
- ACI (desired, but not required)
- Nuclear Gauge Safety (desired, but not required)
- ECMS, CDS NeXTGen or CDS-V3 experience.
Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
Ability to properly document materials
Ability to work independently and as part of a team