Business Analyst, Finance, Business Planning - NARO (Elko, NV) at Newmont USA Limited
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Elko, Nevada
Founded in 1921 Newmont Mining Corporation is one of the largest gold mining companies in the world. The North American region consists of multiple surface and underground operations spread throughout Northern Nevada and our Cripple Creek and Victor Mine in Colorado.
Newmont prides itself on safety and embraces diversity, engages employees, fosters innovation, rewards high performance and develops great leaders.
Support the Business Planning Director in the preparation of regional business plans and forecasts by managing the analytical tools, reporting mechanisms and plan development improvements necessary to improve QA/QC and overall plan preparation. This role also supports the Regional Controller and the Finance team in the creation of tools to review operational and financial performance, improve access to key data and drive consistency across sites to improve efficiency. This role is responsible for coordinating plan and forecast submissions between regional and site stakeholders in conjunction with the Manager Business Planning, as well as performing key analysis and communication of the plan to improve understanding and transparency for the NA region. Increase the quality of planning, analysis, effective communication and decision making around all regional business performance issues through identification of improvements how operational data is utilized in the planning QA/QC process while improving the functionality of planning and reporting systems for the NA region.
- Create plan review templates for use in site and regional reviews
- Conduct training where necessary on BPC, input to BPC, calculations and other user assistance tasks
- Identify challenges with current system, calculations, logic, etc. and liaise with Corporate Planning and Accounting to address system issues (including slowness of calculations and debottlenecking of the process)Create and maintain variance analysis tools to streamline routine variance analysis identification and communication
- Manage the consolidation and reporting of short term forecasts (e.g. GM 3 month production forecast) including ensuring proper accountability while streamlining and simplifying the process to improve the effectiveness and usefulness of the short term forecasts.
- Work with Manager Business Planning to create forecast templates to expedite and simplify the quarterly forecast process and consolidation of site data (via Excel). Conduct training on tools as necessary.
- Support Site Commercial Managers and Site Accountants/Analysts with tool development, standardization across sites where applicable and implementation of improved tools to increase the effectiveness of the CM and Site Accountants/Analysts
- Lead efforts to connect disparate operating and financial data to improve analysis of underlying plan assumptions (e.g. identify how to connect global operating metrics with financial planning tools to reduce duplication of effort and improve quality of detailed operational analysis)
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Training & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting.
- Minimum 5-8 years planning and operations experience with at least 4 years in mining business, including planning and analysis of physical options; preparation and monitoring of budgets and forecasts; variance analysis of physical and financial plans; coordination of multi-disciplinary
- Understanding of Global ERP Support models and deployment methodologies.
Understanding of functional/technical architecture, databases, infrastructure as required for effective use of global ERP utilities and reporting tools
Experience in process and data governance or display the ability to build this understanding.
Experience leading and working in teams with ERP implementation consultants and business professionals.
Strong inter-personal relationship skills and problem solving skills are required.
Strong PC skills using office software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
Prior experience working with BPC is preferred
Strong continuous improvement mindset with expertise in change management and implementation.
- The position is located at one of Newmont’s domestic locations. Will consider employee based at Corporate or NA headquarters.
- Position may be required to travel to, and assist other domestic and international sites.
For more information on Newmont:
- Newmont website: http://www.newmont.com/home/default.aspx
- Lifecycle of a Mine microsite (educational site that explains what happens during each phase of a mine's life): http://lifecycle.newmont.com/
- Newmont's blog site (weekly stories highlighting work being done in Newmont's regions and our employees): http://ourvoice.newmont.com/
- Newmont's annual sustainability report: http://sustainabilityreport.newmont.com/2015/
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org.