Senior HR Generalist at Food Services of America
Posted in Human Resources 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Type: Full Time
Location: Woodburn, Oregon
Food Services of America, a dynamic, growing, and privately-held food distribution organization has an immediate opening for an experienced Senior Human Resources Generalist.
- Partners with management to communicate Associate Services policies, procedures, programs and laws required for government compliance.
- Advises managers and supervisors regarding associate relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-associate relationship and promote a high level of associate morale and motivation.
- Performs ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Conducts exit interviews.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assist in full life cycle recruiting, partnering with hiring managers for both exempt and non-exempt positions.
- Ensures OFCCP and Affirmative Action compliance in all phases of recruiting.
- Conducts pre-employment assessments, screenings (background checks, MVRs, references, drug screenings, E-Verify, etc.).
- Attends job fairs and events, networks with potential candidates, delivers recruiting presentations.
- Assists with the on-boarding of new associates.
Leave Administration and Workers' Compensation
- Serves as the subject matter expert for Leaves of Absence.
- Proactively handles a complex caseload of leave of absence and ADA requests to ensure a positive and trusted experience for all.
- Monitors intermittent FMLA/OFLA absences. Tracks the time used; monitors certifications to ensure time off is consistent with information provided in certification; keeps associates advised of time expiring or when recertification is needed.
- Contacts appropriate management staff regarding associate request and approval/denial of FMLA/OFLA or other leave of absence. Notifies manager of associate's return to work date/status.
- Administers the Short-Term Disability program, coordinates with the Payroll Specialist.
- Ensures accurate administration of workers' compensation in accordance with the company's disability leave, and time off programs.
- Maintains and updates OSHA 300 Log and Claim Management Database.
- Participates in claim file reviews.
- Administers the EAIP program.
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Business, or related field strongly preferred, but may consider equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 7 plus years of Human Resources related experience preferred, including experience in recruiting and leave administration.
- Working knowledge of FMLA, OFLA, HIPAA, ADA, Short Term Disability.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality when working with sensitive data
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Computer skills including Ultipro, iCIMS, Kronos, Windows, Outlook and Microsoft office suite experience